Tour of California thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

icculus wrote:Has anybody else been watching the stages live on http://tracker.amgentourofcalifornia.com/ ?????

These commentators are absolutely terrible. Whoever let Frankie Andreu on the air needs to be fired along with Frankie. I understand that it is a difficult job and I probably couldn't do much better but this is actually painful to listen to. I think I have been spoiled by Phil and Paul but this is absolutely terrible. I havn't heard him pronounce one riders name correctly and he just informed me that Oscar Pereiro is a 3 time world champion. Looks like I'm going to watch the rest of the ATOC on mute.

"TH-or Hooooshov'd"

Yeah, his play by play is pretty awful.
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

Some really nice photos from a friend on Pine Flat Road.

Technically, not great, as lighting was poor, but you can really see the pain on the faces of the riders approaching the top of the "Bonny Doon" climb on Pine Flat Road.

The descent must have been absolutely miserable.

spinwax
Shop Owner

by spinwax

Thanks for sharing.... Pain in their faces? Hell, I look like that when I commute to work. :shock:

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

Rock Racing dude in #36-37 is having too much fun.

Lance looks 47 yrs old in #26.

Thanks for posting your buddies pics djconnel.
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

Nightrider

by Nightrider

Surely im not the only Australian who had a good chuckle at the fact they were racing up "Boony Doon" road?

"We're going to Bonnie Doon, We're going to Boonie Doon."

ash

by ash

that was my thought to :D

ash

Roobay

by Roobay

Great px thanks for sharing
its a tough sport innit even harder when you making a comeback and all the world is watching you
jr
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

kenyoncycleist

by kenyoncycleist

Can someone PLEASE tell Craig Hummer to stop pronouncing it "Manthebo", its Mancebo dammnit. He sounds like a total f@g when he does that and it was even funnier today when Liggit said it like he does once before properly pronouncing it. :twisted:

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Did anyone catch Lance pushing the devil (I think) into the snow bank as he passed him? It was hilarious.

Yiannis-Super 6.

by Yiannis-Super 6.

kenyoncycleist wrote:Can someone PLEASE tell Craig Hummer to stop pronouncing it "Manthebo", its Mancebo dammnit. He sounds like a total f@g when he does that and it was even funnier today when Liggit said it like he does once before properly pronouncing it. :twisted:

I thought that's how the locals in some regions of Spain pronounce it,like Valencia is th not c .

By the way for those watching on VS what's up with that ugly/not funny "female reporter"-why do they feel they have to do stuff like that every year?
10 SuperSix Hi-Mod
07 System 6.
06 Caad 8
90s Merlin Extralight.

drjones96

by drjones96

drjones96 wrote:http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2009/02/18/missing-bike-found-but-its-not-armstrongs/

They recovered Janez's bike.

http://www.velonews.com/article/88128/t ... -recovered

And now they got Lance's bike back. :lol:

swinter

by swinter

kenyoncycleist wrote:Can someone PLEASE tell Craig Hummer to stop pronouncing it "Manthebo", its Mancebo dammnit. He sounds like a total f@g when he does that and it was even funnier today when Liggit said it like he does once before properly pronouncing it. :twisted:

Actually, that have it right. In Castile, the /s/ sounds ("s" "c" and "z") is pronounced with a deliberate lisp. It started centuries ago as an affectation (at the royal court, I believe) and, because Castilians were the upper class (that's where the royal family was from, after all), it spread to other parts of Spain (though not everywhere).

So in Mexico, beer is cerveza; in Madrid, it's therbetha.

There are other oddities: If you order Manzanilla in Madrid, you get dry sherry. If you order it elsewhere, you get chamomile tea -- as I discovered to my chargin on Ibiza (pronounced Ibitha).
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

Ant

by Ant

swinter wrote:as I discovered to my chargin on Ibiza (pronounced Ibitha).

Or if you are where I come from 'Ibeefa'.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

@ 585 yea i saw it was sooo funny!!
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry