2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

djcharlou

by djcharlou

Agree, without the visor it's pretty weird

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

dereksmalls wrote:
wingguy wrote:
KWalker wrote:Sky's team is stronger IMO mainly because I have a feeling Aru/Nibali ain't gunna work well in practice.

I kinda hope it doesn't work because it should be fun to watch the fight :P

Like an Armstrong/Contador conflict ya reckon?

In more recent years, Wiggins/Froome.
It was a fun Tour to watch.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

let's admitt the obvious - Nibali isn't going to France to work for Aru. he's there because he knows (and most likely so does Vino) that if circumstances shift, he might find himself in the contention for yellow. and that's too huge to miss, the prospect of a Giro-Tour double.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

mattr

by mattr

hasbeen wrote:remember, riding the turbo after an injury is the new beet root juice.
New? People have been doing that since the 80's, at least.

prebsy

by prebsy

Yeah but now companies can sell a $1200 unit with that promise of new found fitness.

Sacke

by Sacke

prebsy wrote:Yeah but now companies can sell a $1200 unit with that promise of new found fitness.

And proven to work "better" than training outdoors, by a victory in Paris-Roubaix, and heroic efforts in the Tour of California.

hasbeen

by hasbeen

mattr wrote:
hasbeen wrote:remember, riding the turbo after an injury is the new beet root juice.
New? People have been doing that since the 80's, at least.

:roll: well before the 80's I would say, but now its the newest good excuse to explain an amazing turn of form coming off injury. Like Horners beet root juice.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

KWalker

by KWalker

dereksmalls wrote:
MattSoutherden wrote:
petepeterson wrote:On Zakarin that was a nasty looking crash but there is plenty of precedent on quick comebacks from collarbone breaks. Or winning tour stages with a broken collarbone.

True. You just need the right doctor.

Riding ANY bike with a broken collarbone is hard enough in itself. If you're referring to Hamilton and Fuentes, drugs aside, finishing a GT, let a lone winning a stage and his high overall placing - with a broken collarbone - and minimal allowed pain releif, is f*cken legendary. Doped to the gills or not, that ride deserves the credit it is due

Grinding his teeth down from grimacing is what separates a pro, doped or not, from even a really great amateur. There is another level of focus and determination that at the end of the day is necessary to truly capitalize on potential.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

xena
Banned

by xena

A lot of people who take E grind their teeth. Grinding your teeth does not make you a Pro.
I wanna see a rider race when his head falls off " I have no idea how". Just stick it back on with that funny blue tape stuff and go on to win the queen stage up Alp d Huez :lol: That's a pro.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Whaaaaaaaat? :noidea:

gravity

by gravity

Pinot wins French TT title. Talking about massive gain..

davidalone

by davidalone

tymon_tm wrote:let's admitt the obvious - Nibali isn't going to France to work for Aru. he's there because he knows (and most likely so does Vino) that if circumstances shift, he might find himself in the contention for yellow. and that's too huge to miss, the prospect of a Giro-Tour double.

I don't know. I think the co-leader thing can work. If both Nibali and Aru ride well, one of them just has to keep a low profile ala the carlos Sastre-Frank Schleck tag team in 2008. I think they can make it work.

Antoine

by Antoine

2016 TDF looks good, T.Gouvenou (3rd year as race director) is doing a good job. His predecessor was too conservative.

Good write up : http://inrng.com/2016/06/tour-de-france-guide-2016/

hna

by hna

gravity wrote:Pinot wins French TT title. Talking about massive gain..

The course didn't seem to be completely flat though, but it's very impressive nonetheless.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

A look down the result sheet and there is nobody who you would class as an excellent time-trialist, let alone a world-class one.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?