Super thin socks recommendation

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Hi guys, i need a super think sock that some one can recommend here in the usa/amazon lets say. im experimenting with arch support and that leaves me with very little room for my usual socks. please advice, thanks

wojchiech

by wojchiech

Swiftwick Aspire - the thinnest, highest compression sock Swiftwick carries. Most supportive, comfortable sock I've worn. Over the last couple of years I have acquired enough pairs to wear them everyday. I wear the seven-inch cuffs which only come in white or black, but the shorter cuff lengths come in more colors.

I've worn other brands - Capo, Defeet, Sockguy, Castelli - and while they are reasonably thin compared to regular cotton socks, they are not as supportive or comfortable. I've also tried Giro's HRC socks and while they are the thinnest socks I've worn, they are not as supportive as Swiftwicks and they are not very durable (snag easily, seams unravel).

:thumbup: :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boysa

by boysa

I'll agree with Swiftwick Aspire. Great socks.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

derailer

by derailer

^^ what these guys said.

uraqt

by uraqt

ENDURA BAABAA MERINO WOOL SOCKS

They are the thinnest socks I have seen... I would guess that the Swiftwick will last longer the ENDURA socks are so so so thin...

C

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

thanks guys/ladies, i think i have a few pairs of Swiftwick, just not sure which model.
im talking the bare minimum here ;) i will look around too and see what is there besides the Swiftwick Aspire/ just in case. thank you!!!

nlouthan

by nlouthan

I like the DeFeet Aireator.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I use the swiftwick aspire and they are great but if you need something thinner, try the defeet levitator lite. swiftwick used to make a really thin sock called the Pulse. i don't see it on their site so perhaps they don't make it any more but you could probably find some if you scan the web. the pulse is easily the thinnest sock I have ever seen for cycling.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Swiftwick Pulse might be the ticket, i do like the other pairs and they held up well,
lets look around the web and see what i can find, thx

boysa

by boysa

Ah, yes, forgot about the Pulse. I had purchased two pairs and found they were too thin for my liking. Compared to the Aspire, in fact, the Pulse were so thin they altered the fit/feel of my shoes. I ended up giving them to my wife for running.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

RyanH

by RyanH

The pair of Rapha lightweight socks that I recently got are a lot thinner than any other sock I have.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I second the above.. Rapha lightweights are really thin.. Borderline transparent outside of toe and heel extra material
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

campbellrae

by campbellrae

I'll suggest the Rapha Lightweights as above. Been using them for a few weeks now and like them a lot, they are very thin on the top, but do have some extra in the toes and heels, hopefully they'll last a while because of that.

kode54

by kode54

I use the Rapha pro team socks. Fit is great and thin. Havent tried the lightweight socks but the pro teams ones are excellent.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

phollingswo

by phollingswo

I have pro team long and the lightweights. Lightweights very very thin but come up a bit short relative to the pro team long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk