Anybody ever buy anything from Bikeinn.com?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Asteroid

by Asteroid

Found a super low price on a Bora Ultra 50 tubular wheelset.
Bought using paypal credit, which offers me some protection.
This outfit sells from Spain. Wondering if any WWers have positive or negative experiences with them.
Oldbie

Kurets

by Kurets

I once bought a rain jacket and a box of close to expiry gels from them. Arrived quickly, but can't say much for customer service as I haven't needed to use it. They do seem to be an okay outfit though, the replication of their website in all european languages makes it look sketchier than what I think it is.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

naambezet

by naambezet

Same for me, I've bought a few times there. Came in just as expected, never made use of their customer service though

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I bought my Elite Turbo Muin from them. No problems, fast shipping and I was kept up to date with the status of my order as it progressed.

DutchMountains

by DutchMountains

I have ordered twice from trekkinn.com which is the same company. Low prices, but after a week after ordering I got an email saying that one of the items was not available anymore. Took another week before they shipped the remainder. I am currently waiting for delivery of the 2nd order which should be today, but they haven't shipped yet. And again, after placing the order not everything turned out to be available (this time I checked my order on their website, did not receive an email about this).

All in all, if they have something at a price noticeably lower than other shops, and you want it as opposed to need it, and you are not in a hurry then go for it. Otherwise find a more reliable vendor.

Chris3g

by Chris3g

i ordered eTap group from them last week. Great price, shipped it immediately. Unfortunately, it never made it out of Spain.

I don't know why as of yet, guess i will be seeing how the customer service is.

PJCM

by PJCM

Slow to despatch goods but stock status and timing indication was visible on my order status on their website. Delivery was then reasonably quick to NZ via PostNL.

joejack951

by joejack951

I had an overall positive experience with my one and only order from them late last year. I got a Fizik Arione R1 for a great price plus a few bottle cages. Shipping speed wasn't spectacular but as I'm in the US and order most of my stuff from Ribble, I'm used to waiting.

ms6073

by ms6073

Chris3g wrote:it never made it out of Spain.

Maybe it is a strike or some by-product of the unrest as a result of the Catalon independence movement?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Fiery

by Fiery

Ordered a saddle a couple of weeks ago. Received a tracking link within a day, but three workdays later it was still inactive. Sent an inquiry, received a good tracking link within ten minutes. The order arrived the next day, four workdays after ordering and one day after what they gave as the expected arrival date. I was pleased enough with the service this time, but seeing all the negative experiences others had, I would follow DutchMountains' advice the next time I think about ordering from them.

dastott

by dastott

Ordered a jersey from them a few months ago. Took about 4 weeks to arrive (to Asia), but it seems they ran out of stock after my order. You might have to be patient.

Asteroid

by Asteroid

Well, turns out my "deal" was too good to be true.
Bikeinn just rescinded my 2018 Bora 50 wheelset order by saying it was out of stock, then suggesting it was discontinued.
Of course, you can now see the same wheelset on their site with a much higher price.
My attempt to order was worth a try, but no issue to just move on. Although they did not reply to my e-mail inquiry.
Oldbie

Chris3g

by Chris3g

ms6073 wrote:
Chris3g wrote:it never made it out of Spain.

Maybe it is a strike or some by-product of the unrest as a result of the Catalon independence movement?

no idea, nobody has been able to offer any sort of explanation. Still waiting for my refund too...

sib

by sib

Just ordered a couple of items of last season's winter wear on sale.
Will update if/when they arrive.

sib

by sib

Items arrived yesterday.
Everything was as advertised.

Only, their predicted delivery dates were a little off.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com