12-step program for bike addicts...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Step 1: Recognizing you have an addiction.

I realized I had a problem while cleaning out my garage today. After I explained to the THIRD group of people who walked in and started browsing that my garage is not a retail shop and the bikes belong to me and my family I realized I have a lot of bikes and bike "stuff."

I did offer to do repairs in exchange for beer though...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

nice "shop"
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

ultyguy

by ultyguy

At least yours is in your garage. Wife isn't too impressed with the bike corner. Image

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Great collection. :thumbup:

Love the race number plate on the Strider. :D :D :D :D

:beerchug:

savechief

by savechief

Can't race without having a number!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMcsWEbjjS4

In response to the OP, I'm headed your direction, but I've got a LONG way to go before I have that many bikes. According to ups.com, I have a used Ridley X-fire cross frame sitting on my front porch, which will be bike #3 for me (Time VXRS Ulteam and Yeti SB-95 are the other two).
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

aftereffector

by aftereffector

I think you've got more 'inventory' than my LBS. :smile:

ninjaman

by ninjaman

It was a sad day when I had to close down the 'shop' (2nd bedroom) and get a roommate...

kbbpll

by kbbpll

The key is to hide your bikes all over the house, garage, shed. My wife is catching on though.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Actually the key is to have a business where you also "have" to provide bikes - Ive a range of hire bikes available for use from my hotels, most of which, curiosly, are sized 56. 3x or 4x race bikes, 2x mtn, 2x hybrids, plus one solitary "chick bike" which I bought my wife and she rode twice. Has the added advantage that I can legitimately expense the bikes and hence they are 28% cheaper as I can use them as a tax offset.

ms6073

by ms6073

kbbpll wrote:The key is to hide your bikes all over the house, garage, shed. My wife is catching on though.
I am fortunate that the wife and I both ride but that means I typically end up buying two instead of one so she cant use the 'yours is better than mine' excuse! :mrgreen:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

dgasmd

by dgasmd

On a serious note, I can't quite understand how people get to this point. I mean, I have 1 steel restored bike that I hardly ever ride but love (of course, can't sell that!) and 2 carbon bikes (TIME RXR and a LOOK 595) I ride regularly. From time to time I get the sudden urge to get a new bike for the sake of getting something new and the first thing that comes to mind is what am I going to do with the other 2 I already have. Next thought is that if I could sell the LOOK 595 (oldest of the 2 carbon ones) I could justify getting the new one. But I love my 2 current bikes for different reasons, so we are back at square one!

afalts

by afalts

Easy. That's because it's just your bikes, dgasmd. Ted has bikes for his whole family pictured. You also don't list having any other genre of bike (CX, MTB, etc) as many do.
For example, in my house there are 5 people. 3 of us race road, MTB and CX quite competitively (two Pro, one Cat 1 master). We each have: 2 XC bikes, 1 cx bike, 1 road bike, 1 downhill bike and 2 of us have time trial, and commuting bikes. The other 2 people each have a commuting, road, and XC, and one more DH bike. 26 fully built, operational bikes. There are also 4 frames, and at least 10 other wheel sets. Indeed, no cars go in our garages.

ms6073

by ms6073

afalts wrote:there are 5 people. 3 of us race road, MTB and CX quite competitively (two Pro, one Cat 1 master). We each have: 2 XC bikes, 1 cx bike, 1 road bike, 1 downhill bike and 2 of us have time trial, and commuting bikes. The other 2 people each have a commuting, road, and XC, and one more DH bike. 26 fully built, operational bikes. There are also 4 frames, and at least 10 other wheel sets. Indeed, no cars go in our garages.
Wow, sounds to me like you need a bigger house! :mrgreen:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I'm just glad I only have two kids...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Liggero

by Liggero

did i sad a Klein road bike with pinky bar tape?? that's a cool chick bike.
Happy Trails !!!