Light/stretchy shoe covers for spring

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

I suffer from really cold feet, so 10-15c still neccesitates the need for shoe covers.

My winter neoprene ones become a bit too heavy/sweaty here and I need more coverage than toe covers, I'm wondering what options are out there for intermediate temps.

Possibly something in the form of an aero cover that doesn't look out of place with shorts or something soft-shell that'll work on those damp summer days. I think the choice when googling is slightly overwhelming, so hoping some suggestions can help narrow it down a bit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

req110

by req110

Shimano S2100D Shoe Cover > for winter
Van Rysel toe cover > for chilli rides
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

kervelo

by kervelo

I have used the GripGrab RaceAero shoe covers for a couple of years and I like them very much.

https://www.gripgrab.com/collections/sh ... hoe-covers

The covers are made of very thin and stretchy lycra, so the fit very nicely. They are not too warm: I use them during the rainy rides in summer (to keep my shoes clean, not dry), when heavier shoe covers would be too much.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

They're marketed as aero shoe covers, but the Spatzwear Windsocks do a great job at keeping out the chill when it's not freezing.

https://www.spatzwear.com/collections/s ... s-windsock

mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:59 am
They're marketed as aero shoe covers, but the Spatzwear Windsocks do a great job at keeping out the chill when it's not freezing.

These look perfect, thank you!

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Velotoze. They are fragile if you don't put them on/remove them carefully though.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

Matte86

by Matte86

BdaGhisallo wrote:They're marketed as aero shoe covers, but the Spatzwear Windsocks do a great job at keeping out the chill when it's not freezing.

I have them since last spring and I really like them
Highly recommended
I had the Assos ones and liked them as well but they were too fragile
I thinks they have a V2 out now, but I haven’t checked it

idickers

by idickers

ANother satisifed GripGrab user. Inexpensive, and work great to keep rain/sleet/slush/mud out of my shoes. I use them in the rain all year, but they really excel in the cold winter months.

pushpush

by pushpush

I also like to be warm. I have been surprised by how good the pearl izumi shoe covers are. I bought them on sale a while back and they do a great job. I appreciate the kevlar trim on the bottom that makes them very sturdy and a lot easier to walk in.

They are NOT waterproof and do very little to keep feet dry when things get wet. Then again the big holes in the bottom of my shoes don't help with that either. :)

They aren't going to win any beauty contests either, but I'd rather be warm.

robeambro

by robeambro

Matte86 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:44 am
BdaGhisallo wrote:They're marketed as aero shoe covers, but the Spatzwear Windsocks do a great job at keeping out the chill when it's not freezing.

Highly recommended
How durable are they? And, do you find they can sort of keep you dry as well to some extent? I'd like to get them but as I don't race much, I would like for them to also keep me dry if there's a spring/autumn wet ride.

Matte86

by Matte86

robeambro wrote:
Matte86 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:44 am

Highly recommended
How durable are they? And, do you find they can sort of keep you dry as well to some extent? I'd like to get them but as I don't race much, I would like for them to also keep me dry if there's a spring/autumn wet ride.
Comparing to the V1 Assos and Velotoze, they are quite more durable, specifically in the Toe area, I feel confident you’ll be happy in this regard
I try to avoid wet ride at all cost Image.. and haven’t yet caught in one so far while wearing them so cannot help you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SaladhOlivier

by SaladhOlivier

When I bought those Spatz aero overshoes, the first thing I tried is pouring some little amount of water on them and the toe part got soaked straight away. I sent those back because I wanted something better in terms water propection.

I really want to know which white overshoes Pogacar weared on a V4RS promo video (and possibly in some other cases). There's no branding on them, but those look very neat.