Tubeless patches that actually work

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

I've tried patching tubeless tyres a few times and none of them have been entirely successful.

I've got a small slice in a brand new STR that has sealed ok, but it's the kind of cut that'll just weep forever more, accelerating sealant drying out.

Can anyone recommend good patches / technique?

As it's a clean slice rather than a hole, I'm not interested in plugging it.

bobones

by bobones

Hutchinson Rep'Air or Velox Tubeless Repair Kit. Clean area around cut, roughen it with sandpaper then two layers of cement, letting it almost dry both times before applying patch.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

bobones wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:35 pm
Hutchinson Rep'Air or Velox Tubeless Repair Kit. Clean area around cut, roughen it with sandpaper then two layers of cement, letting it almost dry both times before applying patch.
Thanks, I've tried the velox kit and it was the closest I came to success but I didn't do two layers of cement or let it almost dry.

I'll grab another and give your method a go, cheers

havana

by havana

I've repaired more than 10 tires with TipTop Tubeless patches. Highly recommended.

Here's a picture of a recent repair:

Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.