The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

With Ambrosio Nemisis on.

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

Relegated to training bike, still a nice comfy ride though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Juggler

by Juggler

I am SO tired of waiting for Canyon to get a move on... how hard can it be. The last couple of days I have been considering going for the BMC Timemachine TM01 instead... even though it is going to be an economically set back compared to the Speedmax.

But then I went Google searching, and it made me understand why I just HAVE to wait.

On the Speedmax, both the control box for the DI/UI and the plug for battery charge is hidden under a need lid behind the stem. And furthermore the stem/bar looks very well designed (easy on the eye) compared to the more bulky solution on the Timemachine.

The front brake is also looking much better on the Speedmax - they have hidden it on the back side of the fork instead of on the front as on the Timemachine.

Just waiting for that email, telling me when they are going to deliver... :?: :!:

2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

hubert222

by hubert222

Just got my canyon Ult CF yesterday !!very comfortable bike !The stiffness is just enough not stiff like giant ADV SL-ISP. Shock-absorbing very great (compare to giant,Time -vxrs , C50 ) A bit like Colnago C40 (A stay). However, the head set too high for me , anyone knows how to change a lower headset ?I already asked canyon about if they have a 110 -17 stem. Anyways, feel happy of this bike.
The best Quality bike i had - colnago - c40, c50 , time -vxrs , bianchi, Look - 381, 585Ultra. giant- Adv SL isp

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

I'd like to know if a different headset top is available too, something that would give a slightly lower stack.

Hoven

by Hoven

^ Just send Canyon an email and ask for the 4,5mm bearingcover ( se p.19 on my bike) and they send you one for about €20.

jyxart

by jyxart

I have been looking idfferent options as FELT DA1 Dura Ace (4800eur in wigle), Willier twin Blade (6000usd...), BMC, Cube etc... but at the end the best option is Canyon Speedmax.

Of course if last Oktober I knew that I would have to wait until April/May I would have gone to one of the first options...

We are lucky that yesterday Canyon announced the following!
http://www.canyon.com/service/news_termin.html?nt=3909" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Juggler wrote:I am SO tired of waiting for Canyon to get a move on... how hard can it be. The last couple of days I have been considering going for the BMC Timemachine TM01 instead... even though it is going to be an economically set back compared to the Speedmax.

But then I went Google searching, and it made me understand why I just HAVE to wait.

On the Speedmax, both the control box for the DI/UI and the plug for battery charge is hidden under a need lid behind the stem. And furthermore the stem/bar looks very well designed (easy on the eye) compared to the more bulky solution on the Timemachine.

The front brake is also looking much better on the Speedmax - they have hidden it on the back side of the fork instead of on the front as on the Timemachine.

Just waiting for that email, telling me when they are going to deliver... :?: :!:

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

So I am about to pull the trigger on an Athena Cf Ultimate 8, Team white colour. Any thoughts? What's the lightest CF on here? It says stock 7.1kg on the w/site.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

i could be wrong, but think it maybe farm lims...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79585&hilit=farm+lim" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mine was hovering around 13.9 lbs without any stupid light stuff...

Dont forget white is heavier! its also more likely to fall off...
Official cafe stop tester

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

well that is quote the canyon farmlin , i had seen it but forgotten it. such a beauty and good to see different incarnations...

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

i dont even dream about time trialing let alone do it, but based on aesthetics alone, the canyon is one of the best looking imho. And to look fast is to be fast amiright? hah

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Replaced my old 303s with some new(er) 404s. Campy Record 10s groupset (Chorus shifters), Sram Red cranks w Stronglight rings, Speedplay ti, 3T Ergonova Team, Toupe saddle, Zipp404 w Vittoria Corsa CX etc. 6.700 kg on my scale. Frame is size 54.
Canyon404.jpg

Steingarten

by Steingarten

Dear all,

Any tall Canyon owners here? I'm currently riding a (too small) steel frame, have my mind set for the Ultimate CF in 64 cm. With regards to sizing, protips would be worth gold.

My riding inseam is 96 cm, with a body height of 200 cm (trunk 74 cm, forearm 39 cm, arm 74 cm, thigh 68 cm, lower leg 63 cm, sternal notch 167 cm).

What I'm mostly interested in is the ground-to-top-of-handle-bar height of the bigger Canyons, I have a pretty good idea of my toptube of choice (60-60,7 cm). Also any suggestion as per which size I should go for would be great.

Big thanks!

GT56

by GT56

Steingarten wrote:Dear all,

Any tall Canyon owners here? I'm currently riding a (too small) steel frame, have my mind set for the Ultimate CF in 64 cm. With regards to sizing, protips would be worth gold.

My riding inseam is 96 cm, with a body height of 200 cm (trunk 74 cm, forearm 39 cm, arm 74 cm, thigh 68 cm, lower leg 63 cm, sternal notch 167 cm).

What I'm mostly interested in is the ground-to-top-of-handle-bar height of the bigger Canyons, I have a pretty good idea of my toptube of choice (60-60,7 cm). Also any suggestion as per which size I should go for would be great.

Big thanks!

you could figure out 'ground to top of handlebar' by adding stack height and bottom bracket height (not sure if canyon carries this value on their geo table, but should be around 27 cm) and than add a value know from an existing bike for the frame's top stack reference point to the top of the handle bar

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RobinRS

by RobinRS

New Chainring