The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

jokersan

by jokersan

Hello,
Does anyone know if there will be any reduction/sales this month?
Thank you!
--------------------------------------------------------
Pinarello Dogma F12 Disc
Bianchi Oltre XR4
Look 695 SR
Battaglin Power Plus Disc
Bianchi Infinito CV
Canyon Ultimate CF SL Disc
Battaglin C12
Koga Miyata Super Winner 1986

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FrankG

by FrankG

I'm in the same boat.......and it's sailed unfortunately! Did you try the factory outlet on Canyons website. They have limited models and sizes available on sale. I was looking at a Ultimate cf sl 8.0 aero reduced to €2999.00 last Tuesday night, I said I would buy it Wednesday morning while at work. Wednesday morning came and bike was sold! So I'm holding out for the next sale......hopefully it's not too long.
8) 2023 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2
:D 2021 CANYON Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Aero

Sold
2017 Specialized Tarmac S-Works SL5
2016 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 DA Di2 TEAM KAT
2013 Specialized Venge S-works (1st Gen)
2010 Trek Madone 4.5
2010 Trek 1.2

robertbb

by robertbb

duckit wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:52 am
robertbb wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:38 am
Ticlimax wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:37 pm
duckit wrote:Hey guys

I am on the verge of pulling the trigger to order an Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 DI2 rim brake version.

However, i am torn between a size S or size M.

I did a bike fitting last year for a used Cervelo R5 which is a size 56 ( the frame was a hand-me-down ) and i was advised to use a 80mm stem but due to aesthetic purposes, i used a 100mm stem instead + not slammed. I do feel overstretched at times but still manageable.

I figured that the R5 is probably too big for me.

And as I compared both bikes' geometry;

Below are my findings, i might be wrong as i am really not good at reach / stack and stuffs so please correct me if i am going the wrong direction.

the R5's reach + recommended stem length 80 mm = 467 mm
the R5's reach + the 100 mm stem i used = 487 mm
the size M's Ultimate's reach + the integrated stem length 100mm that comes with it = 491 mm
the size S's Ultimate's reach + integrated stem length 90mm that comes with it = 475mm

Basic above, it would seems i will be even more stretched on the size M ultimate compared to the R5 with 100mm stem.

I've also punched in my numbers on the Canyon PPS and i was recommended a size M so i am pretty confused.

I am about 180-181cm tall with an inseam of 84cm
My saddle height at the moment is about 706mm from center off bb to center of saddle profile.

Let me know if i missed out anything.
Any input will be appreciated !
Thank you !
Reach without stack isn't as meaningful. The small will be better when it comes to reach, but maybe the bars will be to low. If the drop on the S (or the necessary spacers) suit you, go for it. A bikefitting is more reliable than Canyon's PPS.
I have almost identical measurements to you, and I would say I am about medium flexibility. I went with an S and it's perfect.
Thats nice !
Did you remove the spacers or stock stack on the Size S
Stem is exactly half way up the steerer (equal spacers top and bottom, including the conical spacer), and I am using a specialized hover bar for a tiny bit more rise.

thnman

by thnman

robertbb wrote:
duckit wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Ticlimax wrote:

Reach without stack isn't as meaningful. The small will be better when it comes to reach, but maybe the bars will be to low. If the drop on the S (or the necessary spacers) suit you, go for it. A bikefitting is more reliable than Canyon's PPS.
I have almost identical measurements to you, and I would say I am about medium flexibility. I went with an S and it's perfect.
Thats nice !
Stem is exactly half way up the steerer (equal spacers top and bottom, including the conical spacer), and I am using a specialized hover bar for a tiny bit more rise.
robertbb wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:08 am
duckit wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Ticlimax wrote:

Thats nice !
I have very similar dimensions as well, and I too, went with the small - I was worried at first when I pulled it out of the box but no regrets- just right.

n15m0

by n15m0

Both of my canyon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankG

by FrankG

n15m0 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:53 am
Both of my canyon.

Lovely bike's there. I have an Aeroad rim brake and I am planing on getting a Ultimate CF SL Aero Disc for the winter months. How do you compare you're Ultimate against the Aeroad? I find the Aeroad very comfy and fast. I went for a size L just to get the slightly higher front end and without having to use a bunch of spacers under the stem. I plan to get a size M ultimate as the geometry isn't as aggressive. I'm 6ft tall and I am inbetween sizes so I hope the M won't feel to alien.
Thanks.
8) 2023 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2
:D 2021 CANYON Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Aero

Sold
2017 Specialized Tarmac S-Works SL5
2016 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 DA Di2 TEAM KAT
2013 Specialized Venge S-works (1st Gen)
2010 Trek Madone 4.5
2010 Trek 1.2

STUB1

by STUB1

Hi Guys,

Has anyone been lucky enought to pull the trigger on the new 2018 Aeroad disc 8.0Di2? The website says it weighs in at 7.5kg, which seems quite good for an aero frame with ultegra and discs. The non disc version comes in at 7.2kgs. I was tossing up between the Ultimate and Aeroad, but even the Ultimate SLX SL Disc comes in at 7.4kgs and that's with Etap!

Cheers

CaudaEquina

by CaudaEquina

Hi guys

I just got an endurace cf sl 8
with the integrated cockpit H31
I'm wondering where I could find the mounting bolt/screw that fit the 31 handle bar
I;ve contacted the canyon people, but they told me the only way to get them is to order the garmin mount which is 30 quids.

I would like to mount a front light using these bolts under the handle bar

any idea ?

thanks!

cnyn

by cnyn

Can't wait for summer...

(click the Images for lager versions)

willowwonka

by willowwonka

Just finished putting together my Ultimate SLX Katusha team colours frameset.

Will be fitting some Enve classic 45s with white logos once the decals are finished for them.

I'll then get some better photos outside.

- CANYON KATUSHA TEAM ULTIMATE SLX SUMMER RIG.
- CANNONDALE CAAD10 ANNODISED WINTER SLOG.

hidefguy

by hidefguy

Nice! did you get the pro bike? I wish they had more choices here in USA.

themidge

by themidge

Normally I don't like own-brand finishing kit but that stem looks pretty good, even with all those spacers :thumbup:

willowwonka

by willowwonka

themidge wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:18 pm
Normally I don't like own-brand finishing kit but that stem looks pretty good, even with all those spacers :thumbup:
Its the white logo h36 aero cockpit. Cant really use anything else on there. Will sort all the spacers out once ive dialled in the fit :beerchug:
- CANYON KATUSHA TEAM ULTIMATE SLX SUMMER RIG.
- CANNONDALE CAAD10 ANNODISED WINTER SLOG.

crux

by crux

Nice, my favourite color ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robikka

by robikka

robikka wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:02 pm
robikka wrote:so I received an answer from Cayon saying that the frame is asymetric and on every one it is the same as on mine. That this is the feature of the frame an it is the way how the frame was designed. So owners of latest canyon ultimate cf slx model what do you think do you see it the same way?
Canyon received my frame and now I am waiting for their reply (canyon has to check it), will let you know how it ended
so I sent my ultimate back to canyon, they chceked it and official response from them is that "EVERY CANYON ULTIMATE CF SLX rim brake version HAS REAR WHEEL CLOSER TO DRIVE SIDE CHAINSTAY SO IT IS NORMAL TO HAVE IT LIKE THIS" so everyone of you who has rear wheel perfectly centered between chainstays it is not correct and maybe you should warranty your frame :o