campagnolo shamal carbon?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ColnagoJohn

by ColnagoJohn

Is there going to be a shamal carbon? i love the look of the fulcrum racing zero carbons but if the shamals are in the pipeline i would rather wait for these as i use campagnolo groupset.
I guess bora 35 clincher could be an alternative if not.
If only the shamal mille was a bit wider than 20.5mm

fogman

by fogman

I would like to see some reviews on these, as well as the Bora One Carbon clinchers.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

That was a very quiet launching from Fulcrum.

I don't see a place for them in the market between the Racing Zero and the Racing Speed 35 +/- XLR

I'm not legit to judge but I'm quite sure it won't sell a lot, with the prices already well "graduated" between R0 - RS 35 - RS 35 XLR and no real technological improvement.

I don't think Campagnolo will launch a Shamal carbon because they would have done it already

fogman

by fogman

ColnagoJohn wrote:If only the shamal mille was a bit wider than 20.5mm

I wouldn't mind seeing the Shamal Ultra and Shamal Mille going the the wider 24.2mm rim like the Bora One and Bora Ultra.

Also wouldn't mind seeing a Bullet Ultra with a 24.2mm rim width, a 35mm rim depth and Mille braking surface. I am still not trusting carbon clinchers.

I will probably end up getting Bora One 50 or 35 tubular as my next set of road wheels.

doogie2304

by doogie2304

i read this post yesterday, and my (incorrect...) reaction was "the bora is the carbon version of the shamal - how hard this that to work out?" (no offense to the op).

so of course when i woke up this morning, campagnolo have posted a couple of teaser photos on their facebook page showing what looks to be a carbon rimmed shamal with an aluminium braking surface. it will be interesting to see if they are the same width as the new bora rims.

***update - looked at the photos on a 24"monitor instead of an ipad and it seems they are just good old shamals with fancy decals... my bad!

fogman

by fogman

ImageImageLooks kind of like snakeskin decals.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com