pacenti/triplet hubs availabili?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

steel515

by steel515

When will these be released, only as part of a wheelset? Are there other triplet hubs, except bhs?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ergott

by ergott

As far as I know there are no immediate plans to have Pacenti triplet hubs on the market. There was a run of hubs this year and there are some left, but they are standard drillings.

There is no triplet specific hub on the market that has the flanges optimized for the pattern. The BHS is a nice hub, but is still a standard hub with the drilling for triplet. For most builds I would recommend their traditional 24 hole hub instead. The triplet hub would be best for high profile carbon rims where the bracing angles are less acute.

A triplet optimized hub will have the left flange out further. Tension is still higher than a traditional hub and you regain lost lateral stiffness from having only 8 spokes on that side.

Hope that helps.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I agree with the above. I won't tell you how much my custom Royce hubs cost (even the trade price is eyewatering) but if want a set Royce are the only company that will do one.

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

Still ride my Ligero TB25 wheels with the triplet hubs which are Alchemy ORC internals I believe (non-UL) and the NDS flange is way over. They ride wonderfully. Nowhere near the lightest or aero but probably my favorite wheels. I'll take some pics if anyone wants to see the rear hub.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ergott

by ergott

They have either White Industry or I9 internals depending on the generation you have. I've worked on both and they are excellent.