Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Denavelo

by Denavelo

I'm so bummed I missed out on the Berk Padded (Cutout) saddle RYANH recently sold. DAMN!
My MCFK is super comfy, but it's a bib killer. I wonder if adjusting my saddle height and the rocking I've been doing is the cause? hmmm?
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

Jure.. Always a fan of your work! I was curious if BERK had plans for a saddle similar in shape to the Specialized Power?

Keep up the good work!

:)
:beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

That will be neither weightweenie nor sexy, two qualities associated with June's products...

Heavyhitter

by Heavyhitter

That seatpost look really nice

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

I'm glad that you like that seatpost design, thanks to all!!

We will soon have some more news, we have to organize and put it into production.

We had to make some changes, our team is slowly growing, and we don't do any repairs anymore and rather concentrate on our own production and development.

At this moment we don't plan to produce a new saddle design similar to the Power. We'll keep the saddles as we have them now, but we are always working on different prototypes.

Recently we managed to put in production our handlebar/stem combos, next is the seatpost. So then we have the components you need to build a bike - handlebar/stem, seatpost and saddle.

Then only time will tell, it depends from a lot of different things what will be our next product that could hit the market. We work on different parts and will give our best. And of course our shoes should finally soon be ready to be put on our website, we still have some early problems with production (it's in cooperation with a nother Slovenian company and it's a bit more complicated then), but I'll for sure keep you updated!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Some photos after some silence!
We had two days of holidays in Slovenia (today and yesterday) and on Friday I wasn't able to answer all the emails, so first of all sorry for all those who waited till this evening!
I'm still the guy who answers all the emails, we are a small team and giving our best, it takes me 1-2h per day to answer all the emails and in some cases it can take a few days, also if I miss any email just drop me another one if there is no answer, also that is possible that I miss it sometimes, also only human :mrgreen:. But just a quick note, I'll for sure give my best to be in contact with anyone who writes to us.

Otherwise just want to show you some of our custom products in use by the pro guys:

Some more framesets were produced, and a few in process, so I'll have some more interesting photos to share soon!

tbrix

by tbrix

Beautiful stuff. Nice write up you had in cycle exif recently too.
http://www.cycleexif.com/berk-composites-black-road

dpkinard

by dpkinard

Such nice carbon work, I love everything I've seen you do. I love that blue frame I've seen floating around.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks for the compliments!

Yes also that would be possible.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Sorry for the poor photo quality, but really happy that we also have a lady riding our bike!

jonasd

by jonasd

This is an amazing thread! Is the Berk Lupina saddle suitable for a MTB? Also I would love to hear any updates on the carbon wheel development.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks!

We promote is as a road saddle only, because when going behind the saddle it's not the greatest shape.Our LIST saddle is perfect for MTB.

We are also testing a MTB specific saddle, this one is quite close to production, searching for any imperfections already a few months, and I think we will put it on the market as a MTB specific saddle. This one is used by my friend (a former pro Robert Vrecer) who was a pro MTB rider and on the road in Euskaltel..and we are very happy with how it performs.

More custom framesets in process :thumbup:

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

A few more photos from our workshop, this is how every day starts:

We use different technology for each part, depends from the shape etc.,.. We use prepreg, infusion and RTM.

On the photo you can see our carbon soles in process, we will soon put our shoes for sale (finally!) as soon as we manage to make some more stock, otherwise I'll keep you updated soon.

And a raw saddle, this is how it looks before any clearcoat, maybe we should make also that option, for real weightweenies?

Photos by D. Krevs

Otherwise a few custom framesets will be soon finished and I can't wait to share some more photos with you.
We also produced a few Srp handlebars, unfortunately facing with some delays, but all ordered handlebars will be soon shipped. The hardware is Ti and we had to wait a bit longer than expected. Any new orders will be ready in 2017, the orders we already get are shipped or will soon be shipped, thanks for understanding!
Otherwise we are giving our best and a lot is going on.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi there, first of all I would like to inform some of you that it may take a few days to answer all the emails - we are just moving to a new workshop and it's quite stressfull. A lot of work, and sometimes I just don't manage to end the day in front of my computer to answer all the emails, so your understanding would be much appreciated, always give my best, but sometimes 2-3 days pass and I just don't manage to check the emails. Recently I also finally finished with my University (mechanical engineering) some of you may imagine that it's not that easy to study and go to work, which takes much more than 8h per day, and work in the production and also put new products in production, some other projects etc.,..and building our own new workshop. We are still a team of 4, and my aim is to keep it like that for some time and focus a bit more on the products we already have and which we plan to release in the next few weeks. Then we'll see what the time will bring us. It would be also very interesting to hear your thoughts, what would you like to see?

We now offer our saddles, custom products like framesets and recently also integrated handlebar/stem combos.
Next are finally our shoes, which will be added to our website soon.
Later also our carbon seatpost with carbon clamping system - as presented (with the 0/15mm setback, all in one product).

Then we still have in development our wheel. Which is mainly going slow because the lack of the time we have for the development/finishing. It's quite interesting to face with some problems when going a bit larger and more serious. The problem I hate the most are some problems with a few lost packages, also here your patience and understanding is much appreciated. But by the amount of the packaged we send there is a certain % of packages where things go wrong, and unfortunately I can't do a lot here. Can only start some paper work to find the package or solve it as I can, but in the end I'm always happy to solve all unexpected problems. As soon as we completely move to the new workshop it will be much easyer for me to also spend more time on WW, as I would love to, but recently all those duties were killing me a bit, but the things will sort a bit in the future. Already breathing a bit easyer because I managed to finish the study by the age of 24, I was worried that I won't finish it till 30+ :mrgreen:

Let some photos talk instead of me, this is how a raw frame looks like during the process, 100% handmade at our workshop.

Otherwise interested to hear if you would like to see a lugged frame from us? We have some interesting ideas, how we could make it. But not sure yet if that's the way to go. We want to keep our frames as a custom product only and don't plan to make them a lot, but it would be interesting to hear your thoughts. We also work on TT and MTB prototypes, and soon something new will be finished etc.,..so always something going on

fletch62

by fletch62

What about a lugged Berk version of the Colnago C40? Everyone raves about the ride of the C40, perhaps you could do an updated weight weenie version in your own style.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com