Cannondale Hi Mod Ultimate

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

pbcarch

by pbcarch

Hello All,
I am new hear any looking for some help. I have a new Super Six HiMod being built-up for me at my LBS. They managed to track down the matt carbon frame for me from their rep. I figured I had everything ironed out as far as components and such until I did a lot of reading and searching.

I am bringing over some of my DA 7800 group off of my old bike (brakes, shifters, derailers) + my Mavic Kysriums.

I was adding all FSA K Force parts (stem, bars, post and K force Light crank BB30). Now I read a lot of "issues" with FSA K Force cranks. It seems that they may have fixed the issues with the left crank falling off with the K Force Light but I am not 100% sure......

What would you guys do? dump the FSA K Force Light cranks and go for???

fa63

by fa63

pbcarch wrote:Hello All,
I am new hear any looking for some help. I have a new Super Six HiMod being built-up for me at my LBS. They managed to track down the matt carbon frame for me from their rep. I figured I had everything ironed out as far as components and such until I did a lot of reading and searching.

I am bringing over some of my DA 7800 group off of my old bike (brakes, shifters, derailers) + my Mavic Kysriums.

I was adding all FSA K Force parts (stem, bars, post and K force Light crank BB30). Now I read a lot of "issues" with FSA K Force cranks. It seems that they may have fixed the issues with the left crank falling off with the K Force Light but I am not 100% sure......

What would you guys do?
dump the FSA K Force Light cranks and go for???

NOS or gently used Dura Ace 7800 cranks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

STARNUT

by STARNUT

Hollowgrams......... any flavor

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

mazdatech10

by mazdatech10

hollowgrams as it is bb30, why would anybody put the adapter in to run standard cranks, let alone dura ace!

Arky

by Arky

So what currently is wrong with the K-force light and the SLK cranks?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Nothing 'wrong' with them.

Just the SiSl are that much better.

pbcarch

by pbcarch

Thanks guys for your comments so far. Most definatley I want to got to a BB30 crank. I have the 7800 DA crank I will continue to use on my old CADD5 for my "other bike"

Curious why do you say go to the Hollograms? What are you basing your choice on? personnel usage....your friends? Are there any other manufacturers that you would recommend (SRAM Red ??)

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

You're new to this board so I'll give you the short version. It's common knowledge that the Hollowgrams represent the best combination of weight, stiffness, and looks of any crank on the market - have for years. However, will you notice the difference if you use Red/Force/Dura Ace or any other top quality crank? Of course not. These days all the good stuff is very good.
Last edited by Mr.Gib on Wed May 05, 2010 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

STARNUT

by STARNUT

SISLs are stiffer and lighter than anything else made....... for BB30........... or anything else...........

Starnut

BB30.COM

Arky

by Arky

For those who don't ride a Cannondale bike, can the SI SL crank lettering be removed easily without affecting the anodizing?

jbag011

by jbag011

just got a set of sisl's on my caad 9 and they are super nice, the workmanship is awesome and they are very stiff, great power transfer up the hills. worth every penny.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Arky, no.

As for SISL, I would use them on other bikes if they were more readily available. It's a hell of a crank...

STARNUT

by STARNUT

PezTech wrote:As for SISL, I would use them on other bikes if they were more readily available. It's a hell of a crank...

Soon grasshoppa', soon...... :twisted:

Starnut

BB30.COM

Junior Varsity
in the industry

by Junior Varsity

All it takes is a phone call. I know 2 people in this thread who would help you out.
Doing bike things.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

evenfasterson

by evenfasterson

I'm after for my new 'dale build as well. They are damn hard to find! :(