Scott Spark 10 2008 8.17kg ( i dont got this bike no more )

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

ww4 wrote:Thanks for the feedback "jmartpr" about the headset and Ti bolts.

How do you find the Fox PR23 compare to the standard DT Swiss shock?

I love it...but it's a matter of how and where you ride. I hated the DT Swiss Nude (stock shock on Spark) because you have to be playing with the remote control in order to extract the best performance. I'm more of the "set and forget" type and the RP23 provides good performance without inducing boobing. Plus you save 40 grams on the shock and a couple more from the remote. I considered the XR Carbon because of the extra 50 grams that saves over the RP23, but when people mentioned that the performance is pretty close and works like the Nude shock that was enough to sell me the RP23.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nogueira.nuno

by nogueira.nuno

Motaro wrote:@nogueira.nuno

you got PB

Hi again, some questions, about your DT Swiss XR, do you use the Remote from DT or the original from Scott?? We need to change also the bushings right fitting the DT XR!!

Have you got any Titanium Bolts Fitted in the Frame replacing the Originals??

Best Regards

Nuno Nogueira

ww4

by ww4

"jmartpr" did you had to buy bushings or inserts or washers for the FOX RP23 to fit in with the bolts?

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

ww4 wrote:"jmartpr" did you had to buy bushings or inserts or washers for the FOX RP23 to fit in with the bolts?

The bolts will fit without any modification. In my case, the RP23 came with bushings for a Cannondale Scalpel. There were a few mm of clearance that I filled with thin alloy washers. I'm pretty sure that Fox must have bushings that better match the Spark or you could buy bigger ones and fit them.

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

nogueira.nuno wrote:
Motaro wrote:my new seatpost clamp from Michael Hamatschek

scott clamp =35gr carbon clamp 6gr :D

onlye donno if ti bolt need be at front of be at back of frame for carbon frame
[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=367&i=img1171uh0.jpg][img]

Can you please help me and tell me how did you orderes that Clamp??
Thanks
Nuno

I have a BTP Carbon for sale (38 mm) brand new....anyone interested check the For Sale forum.

Motaro

by Motaro

ww4 wrote:This FS Spark carbon bike is soo light.

Did you change any frame bolts to ti bolts, also how about ceramic headset bearings.

And how did the XR Carbon rear shock feels, a feedback is much appreciated....

i find XR carbon 99% same als Scott/Dt-swiss shock

i test for 2 weeks Rp23 but find Dt-swiss nice its softer then rp23 find Rp23 to hard it stoft/stiff to but not same als XR carbon so i was back to XR carbon and XR carbon is lichter and looks beter with rest of frame

nope bolt are steel that for frame of 2900€

and heatset is normal one from Ritchey

nogueira.nuno wrote:
Motaro wrote:@nogueira.nuno

you got PB

Hi again, some questions, about your DT Swiss XR, do you use the Remote from DT or the original from Scott?? We need to change also the bushings right fitting the DT XR!!

Have you got any Titanium Bolts Fitted in the Frame replacing the Originals??

Best Regards

Nuno Nogueira

nope i dint us Remote from DT-swiss on Xr carbon i never us lockout on spark

scott shock is same als DT-swiss shock because Dt-swiss make Scot shock to so you can us bushings from scott shock for XR crabon

i want to do it but in time i got time i got new frame so on this spark thy where from steel

PS nice thing of anthem adv is thy are from alu+ti so i dont need update them :P
finaly found my old Username robin v berkel so i wil log on that and not on this one if you wand to Pm me PM robin v berkel