Hi All

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BenjaminHuffy

by BenjaminHuffy

I can't remember when I joined this forum, but I was looking at stuff on my desktop computer and saw I was a member so thought I would make a post. I have been riding bicycles of one sort or another since the early 1960s. I probably have a dozen bikes, all older steel ones, some lighter, some heavier. I am what some call a "clydesdale" class rider, tall and heavier but in pretty good shape. It is cold and snowy in the winter where I live, average snowfall 100 inches per year, but the last few years that amount has dramatically decreased. I don't do much riding if it is below freezing, the summer does not bother me so far. I have had cardiac problems just about my entire life which is a bummer, right now I have a leaky heart-valve I ride with but it is getting worse and I probably have surgery at some time in the future. I try not to ride really hard, I keep it so I can at least talk in short sentences while riding. I got in a bit over 4000 miles last year and did not have a lot of trouble cruising along at 20mph on a road bike and for time-trial distances could go 21-22 often. I feel lucky just to be riding at all at this point, and I ride with a group of old retired guys often and we all feel lucky. I appreciate higher end bikes, I have a couple that are Reynolds 531 and Columbus tubing etc., but I ride lower end bikes too because I am not always climbing big hills or trying to set speed records, you don't have to have a high-end bike to train or exercise.
Huffy August 23.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

matcav

by matcav

Thanks for sharing it. All the best for your rides!

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Welcome again! Keep on getting out there. That's the thing about cycling. Everybody suffers. Just at a different pace.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Welcome! Wish you the best with your health issues. We gert snow just not as much as you do. Sounds like N+1 kicking in. Time for a fatbike for the snow!

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Hang on a second. Are we being trolled? At least with the photo? Hey if you can pedal it, then it is good by me, but no bar tape? No brake pad or holder on the front brake?
@BenjaminHuffy, if you really are riding that thing, please be careful.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.