Colnago Concept CHDK - 7kg (NSW454 Cincher)/ 6.5kg (Lightweight Tubular)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

nismosr

by nismosr

Which brakeset you'll be using ?
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice, although I still prefer separate traditionally shaped bars for their versatility, including tilt and ability to mount accessories like a computer/light. Although my K-Edge for the Garmin also is the light mount, but without a round section of bar there's no way to mount it on these. Very pretty though. And @Discoverspeed did say he was giving the nod to form over function in this build.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

nismosr

by nismosr

Calnago wrote:Nice, although I still prefer separate traditionally shaped bars for their versatility, including tilt and ability to mount accessories like a computer/light. Although my K-Edge for the Garmin also is the light mount, but without a round section of bar there's no way to mount it on these. Very pretty though. And @Discoverspeed did say he was giving the nod to form over function in this build.

Same exact reason why I opted not to get them, but they sure look pretty.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

nismosr wrote:Which brakeset you'll be using ?

I have a spare set of Di2 9070 with Direct Mount fork and seat stay brakes, so will stick to this (including the groupset). Would love to use the new DA 9150 DM brakes that is 47% stiffer but then I won't know where to put the old DA 9070 DM brakes as my other bikes are all pivot mount brakes. In any case, I prefer the more aero look of the old DA DM front brake (re Form over function for the front).

I was also toying around with getting the Colnago DM brakeset but my LBS advised me against them as the braking power is not as good.

Other brakes considered -

1. TriRig front from another aero road bike I had, but the braking power was really weak (compared to DA) and I lost the DM mount adaptor! Bummer
2. EE brakes DM - may consider this later
Current Bikes: S-Works Venge 7.3kg
Storck F.3 5.5kg
Colnago Concept Art Deco CHDK 7/6.5kg
Collection: Team Ti Raleigh 753 Vintage Campy
Ex: Storck F0.6 Di2 6kg, Storck F0.7IS Di2 4.8kg, Storck Aero2 7.04kg Storck Organic Light 11.1kg

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

nismosr wrote:
Calnago wrote:Nice, although I still prefer separate traditionally shaped bars for their versatility, including tilt and ability to mount accessories like a computer/light. Although my K-Edge for the Garmin also is the light mount, but without a round section of bar there's no way to mount it on these. Very pretty though. And @Discoverspeed did say he was giving the nod to form over function in this build.

Same exact reason why I opted not to get them, but they sure look pretty.

Yes. This bike goes into my bucket list collection with the occasional ride. It is aimed at Form first - in my case, to accentuate as much of the intricate gold design strokes as possible.

For my training rides, I would be on my Storcks as they are the exact opposites - totally performance function over form

I totally agree with the tilt inflexibility of integrated bars and also the fact that you will never ever transfer this particular bar to another bike. It will look totally out of place on another scheme.

This integrated bar to me is therefore more than just an ordinary bar-stem integration. I view it to be an extension of the frame and seat post art deco design - in essence, an "integration" of bar, stem, frame and post
Storck F.3 5.5kg
Ex: Storck F0.6 Di2 6kg, Storck F0.7IS Di2 4.8kg, Storck Aero2 7.04kg Storck Organic Light 11.1kg

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

I got this Bar Fly Spoon mount for the handlebar. Fits the Garmin 1000, which is probably the only computer that displays numbers that my eyes can see.

Still missing a front light mount solution. I wonder why Bar Fly did not design a go-pro adaptor underneath the garmin adaptor ala K-edge

Storck F.3 5.5kg

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ha, I just worked with some of those Pro Stealth bars this weekend. But those aren't the bars that came with your Concept. Do the bars you receive have any mounting mechanism like the Pro Stealth bars you show?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Hi,

The bars are actually Deda Elementi Alanera Integrated Bars. They do have the underside holes for mounts like Bar Fly Spoon

I have the Ram2, MOST Talon (Version 1) and the latest MOST Aero Talon integrated bars for previous and current bikes. All these will also work with the Bar Fly Spoon.

Just came across a Garmin-Gopro Type Light Combo mount - k-edge Splayd. Put on a gopro mount type light underneath and we are in business

Storck F.3 5.5kg

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Well there ya go... Love the K-Edge stuff and that's the exact light adaptor (GoPro mount) that I use for my Light & Motion 800. Works a treat. I trust that K-Edge will fit on your Alaneras like it does the Pro bars?

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Wow, this will be stunning! Congrats, and don't forget to ride it too!

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Solid thought process on the brakes. I very briefly ran a tririg on the front of my FRD and learned what truly poor modulation feels like! The EEs would sure be nice as well :)

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Discoverspeed, I too heard that the Colnago labelled direct mount brakes were utter rubbish and better not to touch even with a 10ft pole... Though, I wonder who makes them, TRP? EE may be the only way but seems a tad too "Industrial" of a look for the Concept and would suggest throwing DA into the mix....
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Thanks for the feedback jimaizumi.
I am just waiting for the first "Why not Campy groupset?" comment

DA it is. Not going to waste a perfectly good groupset sitting in the corner
Storck F.3 5.5kg

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

JKolmo wrote:Wow, this will be stunning! Congrats, and don't forget to ride it too!

Thanks. I will definitely ride this - maybe more than I should as a "collection bike"
Storck F.3 5.5kg

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Calnago wrote:Wow! Did Colnago paint the bars for you or did you have those done custom?

Did a bit of digging on the Japanese LBS sites and found some information on the matching bars for both CHDK and CHDB schemes

My 110*420 bar came in at 410g, so the weight claim is fair
My ideal stem length for this geometry is 120 for a minimal post offset. So I am crossing my fingers! I don't even have the seat post saddle offset dimension (not listed in any literature). So I am really flying blind. If you see my final build look kinda strange at the butt area, you would know why.
The (Hong Kong) shop I bought the frame from only had this bar size paired with the 50s frame. He wouldn't sell me just the frame alone or order another bar in 120 for me

BTW, the Yen120,000 (about US$18,000) is for the complete bike. Price for the bars was not individually offered
Storck F.3 5.5kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com