Pinarello F8 Wiggo Tribute

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

survivor

by survivor

Browsing through several saddles to match the bike and came across this saddle from AX Lightness. Seems like a perfect match!

Might want to switch to THM Fibula brake for this bike later down the road. Will settle with Dura-Ace brake for the time being.

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

Another great Pina F8 on this site. It looks amazing and I prefer Campag... Congrats!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

survivor

by survivor

BlackMadone wrote:Another great Pina F8 on this site. It looks amazing and I prefer Campag... Congrats!

Thanks. I have to say Campag did cross my mind when I decide on the build. However, read some feedbacks from F8 owners having issues with Campag thus decided on the tested and trusted Dura-Ace. I guess either way would be great as well.

survivor

by survivor

Finally my Garmin Edge 1000 came! There has been reported compatibility issue on ENVE Garmin mount with Garmin Edge 1000. I am able to mount my Garmin Edge 1000 to the ENVE Garmin mount without any issue, albeit snugly. You definitely cannot do a quick quarter turn to remove the Garmin unit, but you still can remove it carefully. The difference is maybe 1s removal time vs 5s removal time. Not big deal for me. I even manage to put on the silicon casing and still fit the ENVE mount. With the silicon casing there is no worry about the Garmin unit being damaged.

survivor

by survivor

AX Lightness saddle came today! Not the lightest saddles but good enough for me. This is the AX Lightness Leaf carbon saddle with leather cover. It feels like there is a thin layer of cushioning between the carbon shell and the leather cover but I won't count on that too much. There is a rider weight limit of 85kg for this saddle. The carbon and leather finishing could be better with that price point. I have to say my current Sworks Toupe finishing is much better, have 2 levels of cushioning and it's only additional 44g weight penalty. Will provide some additional feedback once I put some miles on this new AX Lightness saddle.

PLuKE

by PLuKE

Looks amazing! Very clean and fresh looking bike.

Is there any chance you could show a picture of the Garmin 1000 without the silicon cover from the same angles you have taken?

Many thanks!

Luke

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

Our cockpits are very similar ENVE, Garmin, Pinarello.

3delis

by 3delis

how did that AX lightness Leaf saddle work out for you ? have a toupe myself and am contemplating a Leaf..

coart

by coart

This is one of my dream bike!! Pinarello F8!!

fogman

by fogman

What kind of issues were F8 owners having with Campagnolo? I am on a 65.1 and am contemplating upgrading to an F8 or the newer F9 when it becomes available.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

CamW

by CamW

If you want a gorgeous leather saddle its pretty hard to look past Busyman at the moment: http://busymanbicycles.blogspot.com

Probably not light but soooo pretty.

terrible1

by terrible1

Absolutely spectacular build, looks real pro, and great in compact size! Hope you have many happy rides on it!

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

fogman wrote:What kind of issues were F8 owners having with Campagnolo? I am on a 65.1 and am contemplating upgrading to an F8 or the newer F9 when it becomes available.

I haven't heard anything in specific just growing pains with the new 2015 gruppo.

fogman

by fogman

Thanks, BlackMadone. I have the (now obsolete?) 2014 SR groupset.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

survivor

by survivor

3delis wrote:how did that AX lightness Leaf saddle work out for you ? have a toupe myself and am contemplating a Leaf..

I have to say I am very please with my AX Lightness Leaf saddle. I have tried toupe and romin as well but my butt agrees with Leaf the most :D
Saddle is a very personal choice thus what works for me might not works for you.
If I have to rank the saddles that I rode before it would be 1. Leaf, 2. Toupe and 3. Romin.