2015 Cervelo R5 Super Record - 6.3kg (13.9lb) Daily Climber

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kleenexboutique

by kleenexboutique

Nice stem!

RyanH

by RyanH

How's the shifting on the 11-32? I was thinking of setting up a wheelset for fireroad usage and 34/32 would be nice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

RyanH wrote:How's the shifting on the 11-32? I was thinking of setting up a wheelset for fireroad usage and 34/32 would be nice.

Shifting in itself is great, no noticeable difference from campy 11-29, no extra hesitancy or anything when you get up to the last 2 cogs. The main issue with this setup is the chain length. I have to be careful not to go into the large/large combo. I have an extra link in so that if I do, it won't rip the derailleur off. But still, not ideal.

Currently I'm on 50/35 rings (q-ring). Going back to 50/34 round rings soon, will be going back down to the 11-30t cassette I think, since the chain issue will be amplified by the slightly smaller inner ring. Regardless, having the extra gear is awesome and is well worth the small sacrifices in my opinion.

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

I'm always tinkering..... I've picked up a set of the new(ish) Easton E100 bars. Very impressive at 178g in a 44cm C-C size.

For whatever reason, I've been a bit uncomfortable on my Selle San Marco Zoncolan saddle lately, which I have ridden nothing but for >5 years. Strange. But, have tried a handful now over the past few weeks and am liking the Selle SLR Carbonio.

This brings the bike down to 6.10kg as it sits. This is with much, much heavier wheels/tires compared to what is shown in original post. However, lighter brakes, cassette, bars, and saddle have all helped. Hoping to get the bike cleaned up and get some better pics this weekend.

russianbear

by russianbear

Lets see it with the extralite stem!

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

russianbear wrote:Lets see it with the extralite stem!

Haha decided to hold off for now... If Fairwheel woulda had a 120mm x 12 degree in stealth in stock I may have impulse bought, but fortunately (for my checking acct) they didn't. I will save the money and use it towards wheels once I make a decision.

FELIPESANTANA

by FELIPESANTANA

Hi, I saw your message about bbinfinite for campagnolo bbright. I have this same problem: After using the Campagnolo BBright cups and them walking out constantly and creaking and I think bbinfinite is the solution.

I notice a small gap between the bearing and bbright cup that makes him move making the noise.

Does bb infinite really solve this problem?