My new Colnago C60 frame

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Monza36
PowerMeister

by Monza36

The colorscheme reminds me of the earlier colnago carbon frame.. the colnago carbitubo (many many years ago from team Ceramica Ariostea)
really nice !!
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting."
Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3465297
--Steve McQueen--

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Calnago I Don't see how this is any different to the first pressfit frames that had alloy cups bonded into the carbon frame or the praxis thread in BB adaptor. If this is designed to take pressfit bearings (which it is) it is still going to rely on delrin "plasticness" around the bearings to hold them into the threadfit shell.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

michel2

by michel2

I would love to see more of it.but looks very promissing !(;
I got an extreem power i think its in the same weight range abeit being a lot bigger,59 top tube but there are plenty of bike frames that are a lot lighter frames but for some reason i cant think of one that posseby apeals to me as much as my ep
Maybee one of those lambo orange parlee 's with that shadow writting

rico

by rico

PSM wrote:"I remain a Colnago fan, but not because they're at the forefront of bike technology."

I don't agree at all. They are one of the most innovative bike brands today. Just because they don't weigh 700 grams?

No one is saying they need to weigh 700 grams. I've owned and raced five Colnagos over 15 years going back to a C40. My EPS is the best frame I've ever ridden (and it's oddly light for a Colnago).

But I think the fact that Colnago have yet to produce a consistently sub 1kg frame is disappointing - because it shouldn't be that difficult, especially at these prices. Look were making a lugged, sub 1Kg, CF frame a decade ago.

If Colnago did so, it wouldn't take away from the feel of the frames (much of which is to do with the traditional geo anyway). It just makes them even better. And, sorry, but I can tell the difference between a light and a not so light frame. That's why my EPS rides better than my 40 (great affection though I have for the 40), and ultimately, why it's just a better frame.

kdogg32

by kdogg32

mike wrote:My favorite bike is still the pinarello prince. Not super light but ride quality trumps weight. Same with the c60.

Second that. I liked my Pinarello Prince better than my current Colnago EPS, which is still nice and looks awesome. Thinking of dumping the EPS and getting back into a Dogma.

synkro1

by synkro1

Great bike and interesting post. I'd like to add a couple of points:

Firstly, the weight of Colnago frames (C50 in my experience) varies by over 200g based on the paint job. I'd assume this will be the case as well for the C59 and C60 or even worse as the C59 and C60 can be fully sprayed in some cases whereas most of the C50 range has some carbon showing. This C60 frame has quite a bit of paint which is part of the true beauty of a Colnago frame. There is also variation between frames with the same colour code as they are all hand sprayed. I know this because I weighed several C50's in the same size (54s) when I was deciding which one to get. The naked carbon with only a lacquer and decals (colour code PR00) was over 200g lighter than something like an LX10 with a much more substantial spray job. Therefore it is difficult to compare a C50, C59 and C60 in terms of frame weight even if the frame is the same size.

Secondly, Colnago's may weigh a bit more, but the bike you buy and ride is the same one that does Paris-Roubaix and has won it many times. This is probably the toughest test for a road bike. They are as strong as an ox. Many of the other manufacturers with lighter frame sets produce specials for this race with extra reinforcement so they are not in fact what they appear to be on the outside. Colnago doesn’t follow this approach. Colnago's are built to last as this is integrated in the DNA of the company. If you buy one you don’t do it for the weight, but for the class, beauty, race proven heritage and outstanding ride characteristics.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Very informative. Thanks for posting.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

geca wrote:Hi guys.
Today I received my new Colnago C60 frame size 50S. Very nice finish and for those of you who wants to now the weight it is as follows. 1220 gr. including bearings in the headtube which are pressed in from factory and also including the lugs (ThreadFit82.5), which are compatible for Pressfit 86,5 BB and also including the seat collar. The carbonfork came at 420 gr. uncut. Now I guess that both the frame and also my self are looking forward to see the frame be equiped with Campagnolo SR EPS groupset, Xentis Silverline wheels, Speedplay Zerro Ti pedals, Colnago (Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle), stem, seatpost and handlebar.https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqrldwqa6ng22 ... adtube.JPG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbjfqd1sguc9v68/C60.JPG

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but @Geca did you have any problems mounting the SLR Kit Carbonio Flow on the C60 seatpost? I know the SLR carboceramic rails are oval compared to the vanox rails, and the oval ones don't always fit all seatpost clamps.

Thanks and great build!

nestornnk

by nestornnk

Perfect bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plook

by plook

What tool would you use to remove those threadfit cups? is it BB386 tool?

Can you say what BBs would press into the threadfit cups? Compatible with Super Record Ultra Torque 2015?