New Venge

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tommybio

by tommybio

HI, i'm Tom, and i'm a specialized-aholic.

I'm new to the forum - thought i'd take a moment to introduce myself.

I recently replaced my Tarmac with an S-works Venge - and I LOVE IT !!!!!

All original OEM - no mods yet.

I read quite a few articles on which bike was best (Tarmac, Venge, etc.) - but bottom line for me is the bike that makes me want to ride each and every day, that's the one for me. Heck, I keep my bike in the living room just so I can look at it during commercials (wife will be home next week - i'm sure that will change!).

I'm in my late 40s and am in pretty good shape - so I ride 3-5 times per week. I have a series of fixed routes that I choose from, depending upon my goals, my recent rides, how I feel, and of course my time availability. I'm probably not much different from everyone else on here. I am not worried so much about weight - I feel that my fitness will be more of a determinant of how quickly I can ride a set course.

Thanks for listening!

Tom
Attachments
Just got her home!
Just got her home!
Last edited by tommybio on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RTJohnson

by RTJohnson

Haha my bike also lives in the house in my bedroom can't bare to put it in the garage. How you enjoying the ride?

Not sure how long that bar tape will stay shiny!

tommybio

by tommybio

I'm lovin it, RTJ.

I'm actually fairly experienced with bar-tape. Its none too complicated. So I don't have a problem replacing it with black tape (most likely within the next month).

I made the mistake of using white tape once - stayed clean for all of 2 rides.

Tom

CBJ

by CBJ

I like the stock bike. Different than a lot of other bikes.

tommybio

by tommybio

Thanks CBJ.

I haven't been riding all that long, so I haven't developed the need to modify it yet. As well, I really like the aesthetics of this bike - so perhaps it will stay stock for quite awhile.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

:welcome:
Happy riding.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

crohnsy

by crohnsy

Great looking bike! Time to remove all those unneeded stickers though!

53x12

by 53x12

tommybio wrote:HI, i'm Tom, and i'm a specialized-aholic.

I'm new to the forum - thought i'd take a moment to introduce myself.

I recently replaced my Tarmac with an S-works Venge - and I LOVE IT !!!!!

All original OEM - no mods yet.

I read quite a few articles on which bike was best (Tarmac, Venge, etc.) - but bottom line for me is the bike that makes me want to ride each and every day, that's the one for me. Heck, I keep my bike in the living room just so I can look at it during commercials (wife will be home next week - i'm sure that will change!).

I'm in my late 40s and am in pretty good shape - so I ride 3-5 times per week. I have a series of fixed routes that I choose from, depending upon my goals, my recent rides, how I feel, and of course my time availability. I'm probably not much different from everyone else on here. I am not worried so much about weight - I feel that my fitness will be more of a determinant of how quickly I can ride a set course.

Thanks for listening!

Tom

Welcome. Very nice looking bike. Regarding the bold above, if you stick around long enough I think you will become more of a WW than you were before joining. It is natural.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

As A fellow Venge addict, I love your bike.

Here's mine (sorry for the intrusion)

KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

tommybio

by tommybio

@Crohnsy - Stickers were removed immediately after the pic (wanted the 'factory' pic for insurance purposes).

Took her out in a drizzling rain yesterday and washed the 'new' off of her.

Tom

tommybio

by tommybio

@53X12, thanks for the kind words on my bike - regarding weight, i'm sure you're correct. The quickest way I can drop any weight at the moment is to remove it from me! Ergo, i'm busting my hump (riding) and eating better. I learned many years ago rucking and running as a young soldier, fitness is the key.

Tom

tommybio

by tommybio

@Mark G. Nice! Looks like your bike may have the Team Saxo colors, no? Oh, and no intrusion - i'm glad you shared.

I hope you're enjoying her. I've had mine for 4 whole days now and I've taken her out every day (granted no longer than 20 miles each time as I get her dialed in). Can't wait for tomorrow!

Tom

7ducati

by 7ducati

Congrats on the new bike, I really like the looks of the Venge, but have never ridden it. I have an S-Works Tarmac, so I'll be interested to see how you compare the two! Happy riding!
2017 Cervélo S3
2016 Santa Cruz Stigmata

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

tommybio wrote:@Mark G. Nice! Looks like your bike may have the Team Saxo colors, no? Oh, and no intrusion - i'm glad you shared.

I hope you're enjoying her. I've had mine for 4 whole days now and I've taken her out every day (granted no longer than 20 miles each time as I get her dialed in). Can't wait for tomorrow!

Tom

Hi tommy - I went with the Omega Pharma -Quick Step.
Originally I wanted the matt black / red one, but was told by my friend's shop that they weren't coming in for til the new year, and after looking around, decided on the OPQS model.
Now you've got her dirty, time to put some loooong miles on her :)
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tommybio

by tommybio

@7ducati, I don't have much to report, yet, except that the Venge definitely picks up the cross winds much more than the tarmac (to be expected). My times on local courses that I ride are about a second faster (avg spd) with the venge, but that may just be the placebo effect (Look Ma, my new sneakers make me run faster!).

@MarkG, the colors look great, regardless. I cleaned and waxed the venge - put 100 miles on her this week. Getting there.

Tom