Time VXR Shimano Di2 tuned internal wiring - WW project bike

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: maxim809, MrCurrieinahurry, Moderator Team

Sleg8

by Sleg8

maybe a zero offset post would make it look a little better with the setback you're running on the prologo? :noidea: apart from that, I'm loving the build and component selection.
"All I ask is the heavens above and the road below"

ash1

by ash1

Unbelievable build there mate! Loving the all black look. Some great ideas brought to life have you thought of using Lithium polymer batteries as they are much lighter and low profile? just a thought.

by Weenie

KWalker

by KWalker

I'd swap out the post as well based on aesthetics, but if it works it works. I recently trimmed, sanded and cleared a 3T Doric and if you were to tune the bolts and cradle as well, it could get fairly close in terms of weight.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

coloclimber

by coloclimber

I am going to try a zero offset post and change a few things around.

Overall- Its a very nice riding frame and descends remarkably well for such a light bike. I am still not pleased with the overall ride though - some if has to do with the fit (too low and wide Q factor cranks) and some of it is just a result of a few hundred grams not making a huge difference to me on long steady climbs. I know that sounds anti-WW- but its true (try plugging in 500 grams in analytic cycling)

On short violent bursts- sure- I can tell the difference in weight compared to a heavier bike - but that nimble feeling doesnt last or really effect my speed for the type of climbs/riding I do.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

gerryc89

by gerryc89

Thats the build of the year so far!

Fantasticly informative write-ups too!

ash1

by ash1

In regards to the finish of the frame and fork, i read about the sanding method you used and also the UV protective coat. Did you sand by hand with or without a sanding block on the larger areas? and could you tell me what brand and/or availability of the protective product?

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Hand sanded wet -started with 320 and worked all the way to 2000. I used a block for some areas and a concial shaped dremel bit for removing paint in some very hard to reach areas. The dremel bit didnt last long and was expensive but it only took off paint and no base material. Finish is Meguires wax with UV protection.

ash1

by ash1

Thanks for the info coloclimber, appreciate it mate. Im looking to do a cannondale hi mod that i picked up quite cheap.

abrown3mtg

by abrown3mtg

scratch that.... I guess she'll only blow ME for your bike..... What a tease :roll: :D

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

....so.... what is the final weight? (or perhaps I missed that, but I haven't seen a weight mark posted in the past 4 pages)
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

coloclimber

by coloclimber

I wanted to clarify a few things. Some parts are for sale in the classified and here is why- I'm still trying to make the perfect bike for me.

Daedalus post-
I am going with an AX non-setback europa model due to the 73 STA and funny look of the deep setback on the Daedalus.

Phoenix seat- it didnt agree with my bum. Its a personal choice.

AX bars- I love, love the tops, but with the front end of the bike being too low anyways- the drops just dont work for me. I think these are very stiff bars out of the saddle climbing or sprinting from the tops- especially for their weight. I have a short term solution 26.0 Oval R950 traditional bend bars- they are 31gr more but also more comfortable in the drops. I cant compromise on contact points.

AX bottle cages- I have lost bottles on RR crossings = not cool.

THM Cranks
- I have the AX Morpheus on order and they are lighter. I also dont care for the wider q-factor of the THMs especially when I am switching between bikes a few times a week. As its well known- they are very stif and light cranks and would stay if not for these two reasons.

CCU Wheels- This is a tough one but lets just say they will be replaced with something lighter, stiffer and more aero.

So to answer the question- the final weight is not final yet. :mrgreen:

The thumb shifters are life altering. I miss them dearly when riding my other bike without them.

I also have a Stronglight CT2 34 ring on the way form France. The SRAM silver little ring on there now is the lightest but doesnt look very good.

View from Flagstaff

majklnajt

by majklnajt

This means Lightweights or Edge? ;)

FelixIanuzi

by FelixIanuzi

Last edited by FelixIanuzi on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ari

by Ari

Very well done Nathan. I totally agree with the points about weigth in some areas and contact points are always a personal thing.
Seven Axiom Ti, Reynolds UL Fork, Campagnolo Super Record 11

In Progress: Salsa Podio, Alpha Q GS10 Fork, Campagnolo Chorus 11

BmanX

by BmanX

coloclimber wrote:CCU Wheels- This is a tough one but lets just say they will be replaced with something lighter, stiffer and more aero.

My guess is that you will be going with EDGE 45's with C4 hubs. That would be my choice.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

by Weenie