Trek Madone 6 Series (2010) Pearl White + Candy Red

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

MarvinK

by MarvinK

What did you decide on the cables? The Ride-On cables got messed up during the install, and I'm running regular stainless (shop didn't have any 'fancy' cable sets). There is way too much drag (particularly on the rear brake) due to the internal cable routing on my Madone 6 (2010). I'm sure it would have been better with the Ride-On cables, but if I'm buying new I've read a lot of good things about Yokozuna. The biggest concern is I believe the housing is a different diameter, and isn't very flexible.

If you ended up going that route, let me know how it went and whether it helped.

markieta

by markieta

Just got back from a fitting session.

I am looking to swap stems. My 100mm for your 110mm! Let me know!

markieta

by markieta

MarvinK wrote:What did you decide on the cables? The Ride-On cables got messed up during the install, and I'm running regular stainless (shop didn't have any 'fancy' cable sets). There is way too much drag (particularly on the rear brake) due to the internal cable routing on my Madone 6 (2010). I'm sure it would have been better with the Ride-On cables, but if I'm buying new I've read a lot of good things about Yokozuna. The biggest concern is I believe the housing is a different diameter, and isn't very flexible.

If you ended up going that route, let me know how it went and whether it helped.

I will be installing yokozuna cables this spring once I am able to ride outside a bit. The stock cables definetly feel rough. Certainly not as smooth as the Dura ace I had on my previous set up.

MarvinK

by MarvinK

I had Red on my Scott CR1 (no internal routing) with the RideOn cable and it felt really smooth. I am hoping it is the cables... or at least with the right cables it can feel smooth with the internal routing on the Madone 6.

markieta

by markieta

Although it is internally routed, I do not see how it would increase the cable resistance.
I believe in my case, it is the cables/housing combination from the factory which can be much improved on by moving to yokozuna reaction cable kit.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Now I'm no Trek fan that's for sure, but damn I like this bike!

Part of that is certainly the white bike love coming through...but the minimalist design, (what appears to be) excellent finish on the paint and the tone of red chosen has me super impressed.

Enjoy :thumbup:

(ride reports would be sweet too!)

runido

by runido

Very nice color scheme, simple but different.

Good work.

MarvinK

by MarvinK

Mine is red & white, too... but a lot less subtle:
Attachments
NewBikeTrekPO-1.jpg
NewBikeTrekPO-2.jpg
NewBikeTrekPO-4.jpg

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

Letting customers build their own bikes up is one of the best things they ever did.

You made a great choice :thumbup:
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.