New Time Trial build for 2007

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Tillquist
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:33 pm
Contact:

by Tillquist

Frame: Trek Equinox TTX 9.9™ - size M
TT bar: Walser
Brake levels: Tekto 5.5 TT carbon or Bontrager Aero carbon
Seat: Selle Italia SLR Carbone
Gear: Campagnolo Record 10speed
Crank arms: FSA Superlight 175mm
Chainring: FSA K-forco TT chainring 54T
Wheelset: Zipp 999

What do you think about that bike..... :!:
Last edited by Tillquist on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
See all my bike h e r e

Kuiper
Posts: 2047
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:22 pm
Location: Wateringen, The Netherlands.
Contact:

by Kuiper

Sounds awesome!
althought to give it a more discovery Image :lol:
Bontrager disc wheel and front wheel

Did you orderd already the frame? if yes, what's the planned delivery date or do you got it already :lol:

by Weenie


User avatar
C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005
Posts: 3237
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:54 am
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Contact:

by C a s r a n

Tillquist wrote:Frame: Trek Equinox TTX 9.9™ - size M
...



I knew you would purchase that frameset one day! :D Can you get a customized colour, because I think the standard Trek colours are ugly?

Will you use the Oval brakes again?

As for the brake levers, I think the Tektro or Oval ones will be a bit lighter. But the Bontrager brake levers look cool and fast.

Think about the Bontrager aero bottle as well.

Looks like a very nice build, Tillquist. Go on.
Image

Robbb
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:28 pm

by Robbb

Looks like a perfect bike, but i got 2 questions;

Is this an tt bike for races or just for fun and good weather riding?

Otherwise i would change the seat, wont be that comfortable in tt style.
And i should change your crancks to 180, like the pros. Or have you tried this before?

But it would be MINE dreambike :D

Ridley
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:54 pm
Location: Leuven, Belgium

by Ridley

SLR carbon? I thought Rich_W didn't actually enjoy his :(

Why no arione or something more comfortable for TT?

Peith
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:24 am
Location: Fairfax, VA

by Peith

I think Trek is a great way to go right now for a TT frame. With all the loot they've thrown at this project during the Lance years, they sure do have one of the best aero bikes from a large manufacturer. One thing that impressed me on the '07 line is the new fork crown molding in very close to the frame. I've been considering one of the aluminum Equinox '07s myself

User avatar
C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005
Posts: 3237
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:54 am
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Contact:

by C a s r a n

Robbb wrote:Looks like a perfect bike, but i got 2 questions;

Is this an tt bike for races or just for fun and good weather riding?

Otherwise i would change the seat, wont be that comfortable in tt style.
And i should change your crancks to 180, like the pros. Or have you tried this before?

But it would be MINE dreambike :D



Hmmm... I don't know how tall Tillquist is, but 180mm cranks are looooong. A guy like George Hincapie has 177.5mm on his TT bike.

In 2007 I will ride 172.5mm on my road bike, and 175mm on the TT bike.



Ridley wrote:SLR carbon? I thought Rich_W didn't actually enjoy his :(

Why no arione or something more comfortable for TT?



Fi'zi:k Arione is cool, but a hell to have on a TT bike. Just because this saddle is that long, it is very difficult to get it 5cm behind the bottom bracket line as the UCI requires (just another stupid rule :roll:).
Image

User avatar
simon
Resident Pro
Posts: 1784
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:34 am

by simon

sounds good!
record is nice, but when i had the tt shifters in my hands a few weeks ago, i thought they're butt ugly and bulky, and really not matching the rest of the group wich was wonderful in 06 and even better in 07.
when you get the bontrager bottle and cage, i'm very interested where to buy and how it performs!

Kuiper
Posts: 2047
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:22 pm
Location: Wateringen, The Netherlands.
Contact:

by Kuiper

Question:
Casran what other Saddle would you suggest then?
if the arione or SLR is no option,

Does any one know where to get that Bontrager Aero bidon?

Tillquist
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:33 pm
Contact:

by Tillquist

Kuiper wrote:Sounds awesome!
althought to give it a more discovery Image :lol:
Bontrager disc wheel and front wheel

Did you orderd already the frame? if yes, what's the planned delivery date or do you got it already :lol:


No Discovery....... :lol:

I have ordre the frame today and the delivery time is from 7 to 10 week :(

C a s r a n wrote:I knew you would purchase that frameset one day! :D Can you get a customized colour, because I think the standard Trek colours are ugly?

Will you use the Oval brakes again?

As for the brake levers, I think the Tektro or Oval ones will be a bit lighter. But the Bontrager brake levers look cool and fast.

Think about the Bontrager aero bottle as well.

Looks like a very nice build, Tillquist. Go on.


Yes, I can get all the colors like Madone 5.9 SSL Project One.
I not think I well use my Oval braks, maybe FSA SL-K or Record 07 braks.
Yes, I have get one of Bontrager aero bottle, they look very nice. 8)

Robbb wrote:Looks like a perfect bike, but i got 2 questions;

Is this an tt bike for races or just for fun and good weather riding?

Otherwise i would change the seat, wont be that comfortable in tt style.
And i should change your crancks to 180, like the pros. Or have you tried this before?

But it would be MINE dreambike :D


The bike is for race I don't have that kind of money just to build bike for fun.... Os the bike is for reel race.

I have a SLR carboni seat on my TT bike now and it fit me very well.
Yes cranks 180 but they are very hard to find, as carbon :(

simon wrote:sounds good!
record is nice, but when i had the tt shifters in my hands a few weeks ago, i thought they're butt ugly and bulky, and really not matching the rest of the group wich was wonderful in 06 and even better in 07.
when you get the bontrager bottle and cage, i'm very interested where to buy and how it performs!


The Record gear a from '05 abd my barend shifters a from '99 with som custom upgrade and a 10Speed index made by myself :wink:
The Bontrager bottle will I buy at my local bike shop i Denmark, don't no the price yet.
See all my bike h e r e

User avatar
JensK
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:23 pm
Location: Denmark

by JensK

Nice Morten - really looking forward to seeing the final build!

Have you ordered the Walser bar also?

Tillquist
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:33 pm
Contact:

by Tillquist

JensK wrote:Nice Morten - really looking forward to seeing the final build!

Have you ordered the Walser bar also?


No, not yet....... maybe the end of this week or next week I hope.
See all my bike h e r e

Grimpeur
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: The Netherlands

by Grimpeur

C a s r a n wrote:Fi'zi:k Arione is cool, but a hell to have on a TT bike. Just because this saddle is that long, it is very difficult to get it 5cm behind the bottom bracket line as the UCI requires (just another stupid rule :roll:).


The extra length of an Arione is sitting in the rear end of the saddle :wink:
This is my Bike. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my bike is useless. Without my bike, I am useless.

User avatar
Samu Ilonen
Posts: 2169
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 7:13 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

by Samu Ilonen

I would use SLT T1 seat for speed and cheaper urology bill...and I stay away any parts that say Tectro...

How about FSA brake levers...

I use 177.5mm D-A (55/43 rings) cranks when road has 175mm Record carbons. Longer will not spin nice and fast on flat as shorter but they are like turbo on hills...chose cranks for tracks, on D-A, that's easy and they are cheap.

by Weenie


Tillquist
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:33 pm
Contact:

by Tillquist

Samu Ilonen wrote:...and I stay away any parts that say Tectro...


Whay that, somthink wrong whit Tektro :?:
See all my bike h e r e

Post Reply