NYC Marathon For Charity; LJ and C A S R A N?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

Frankie - B wrote:OK, this topic is splitted from the topic about Lances' dropped charges. Because it went completely wild and extremely OT I decided to split it (oh, and IMHO it'll get some more attention that way.)
In the Lance thread Lee came with the idea to run hte marathon with Lance and C A S R A N decided to join him. And well, you can read the rest below...

TiBikeNut wrote: When is the race anyways?

-G

Nov 5th :wink:

Should I run it with him?

by Weenie

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

LJ wrote:
TiBikeNut wrote: When is the race anyways?

Nov 5th :wink:

Should I run it with him?

Yeah, why not... it would even fit my schedule. :) Shall we, Lee?

LJ

by LJ

I would do it as a "weight weenie run" and perhaps help out Mr Armstrong when he got to 20 miles :wink:

I would need some sponsorship committment from you guys......

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

LJ wrote:I would do it as a "weight weenie run" and perhaps help out Mr Armstrong when he got to 20 miles :wink:

I would need some sponsorship committment from you guys...

Hmm... if I'd be able to get there, financially, I would love to run my first marathon with you, Lee (for the time I'll be able to follow you on the run). This with some sponsorship for a good cause, the LAFoundation for instance. :wink: Nov 5th is in the off season of cycling, so it certainly fits my schedule.

LJ

by LJ

The idea of running for the LAF sounds good and it would be great to do it with you C a s r a n.

The event, if its anything like London will be oversubscribed by thousands. The only way to get a guaranteed place would be to run for a charity using one of their allocated slots. In return for the place/places you have to raise a specific sum, ususally around $2,500. I'll send an email to the LAF to see if they have two slots availabe but that would mean we would perhaps have to raise $5,000 in sponsorship. Are all you weight weenies up to helping us achieve that?

In return obviously Casran will be running with his camera :lol:

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

LJ and Casran,

Are you guys serious about the marathon. I've run 8 all sub three hours. I was considering running one this fall to do a Boston Qualifier since Boston falls about a week after my 50th birthday.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

LJ

by LJ

Juan, well I'm serious and will probably run about 3 hours myself. C a s r a n?

We need the slots though.....can you help?

bb46

by bb46

I would be in for going to NYC and doing a WW/NYC marathon. It's been a while since I have done one, but I'd go.
Last edited by bb46 on Wed May 31, 2006 11:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

I know the race director of the Chicago Marathon, Cary Pinkowski but don't know anybody assciated with the NYC marathon. If we could somehow secure an entry I would be up for it!
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

LJ

by LJ

Anybody got an email address for LAF? Looked on the site but cant spot it.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

LJ wrote:Juan, well I'm serious and will probably run about 3 hours myself. C a s r a n?

We need the slots though.....can you help?

I'm serious as well on this. I've done several things for charity in the past and this is a challenge I'm very willing to accept, especially for some good fund raising! I run a lot in winter training, an I like it, but never did a marathon... so it sounds like fun. I allready sent my personal coach an email to ask for some advice, training schedules and season planning.

drjones96

by drjones96

Well take some pictures guys. It sounds like another epic WW trip. :D

Ravenmore

by Ravenmore

3 hr marathons? Sheesh. You guys would smoke me. I got into cycling from running because of chronic achilles tendonitis (never could beat it), but my best 10k was about an 8:15 avg. I really liked running as it was the best way to keep weight off, which has obvious benefits to cycling.

LJ

by LJ

Thanks for splitting the topic Frankie! :wink:

It would be helpful to know if fellow weenies could signify any sponsorship support they may be willing to give. We need the sponsorship to secure the places......anybody?

by Weenie

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

My budget is small, so my contribution would be too, but I would sponsor you guys, because I love you guys (group hug!)