Sigeyi Axo Power Meter Spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ultreia

by ultreia

velolive wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:48 am
I had an issue with L side Siegyi they read constantly lower 7-8%, it was fixed with 2.9 firmware(6329T04)
Easy recovery ride with assioma Uno comparation attached.
firmwareupgrade.jpg
utils_power_chart1574406413297.jpg
dudemanppl wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:59 pm
Damn, aliexpress seller just canceled my shipment with no other details and no refund? This is wild
Refund will be back within 5-7 days.
For ali I recommend anrancee cycling, they much better than sunture store.
I bought in anrancee.

Just updated yesterday the power meter... smoothly! I think it could be a good idea to update the manual instructions showing clearly that you need to connect the charger during the update!

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

jfranci3 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:38 pm
What's the case for this at $300? Is it just easier to get in your spec than a used Quarq/P2M?
+1. at 300, there are alot of second hand options. they really need to aim closer to 200 to have a realistic chance.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

just saw Quarq Dzero with Red crankset sold for $310 on ebay. They are usually sold below $400

ghd

by ghd

dudemanppl wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:59 pm
Damn, aliexpress seller just canceled my shipment with no other details and no refund? This is wild
Hello, do you have an update on this issue? Did they ship again or a dispute was necessary?

Mine was also canceled today, bought on 11.11 from Anrancee store.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I was updated with a new tracking number, should be here soon.

ghd

by ghd

Only today I got a new tracking number. The seller waited for the product to return so he could send it again.
Should take a while...

thejurist

by thejurist

Hi alltogether,
just registered here to better follow up here.
i am very interested in this topic. Are there any news of the performance of this AXO PM? I'm in contact with the seller, but he is not very communicative. Only thing i was able to get to know was, that where will be a M8100 Version next month. :-)

@dudemanppl did you recieve your PM and how does it perform? Do you have a chance to compare?

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Recieved and installed. Not enough data yet to make a conclusion, but seems good so far! The accelerometer seems to have a fast sample rate as it picks up power changes a lot faster than my previous power meters.

velolive

by velolive

thejurist wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:24 am
Hi alltogether,
just registered here to better follow up here.
i am very interested in this topic. Are there any news of the performance of this AXO PM? I'm in contact with the seller, but he is not very communicative. Only thing i was able to get to know was, that where will be a M8100 Version next month. :-)

@dudemanppl did you recieve your PM and how does it perform? Do you have a chance to compare?
M8100 according to tech support will be live within 2 weeks.

New firmware 2.5 just released, fixed a lot of bugs.
Upoad servers are down for 3 days, can not update my older unit yet.
dudemanppl wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:49 pm
Recieved and installed. Not enough data yet to make a conclusion, but seems good so far! The accelerometer seems to have a fast sample rate as it picks up power changes a lot faster than my previous power meters.
Yes, i also noticed that. It picks up changes faster than Assiomas.

A bit offtpic but good news.
Last week, Xcadey anounced full range of spider based powermeters.
xcadey2010_1.jpg

thejurist

by thejurist

velolive wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:56 am
Thank you. Great news. :beerchug:

I've seen them on a youtube-channel already. But just on a trade show. And wasn't able to find anything else on ali/google. Looking forward to any news.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Interesting arms on the Xcadey, looks like new arms with a Look-esque length adjust. Wonder what the weight is. Funny enough I updated to 2.5 yesterday with no hiccups.

thejurist

by thejurist

Looks like, the Sigeyi Axo is getting some attention. Hopefully they really send a unit to GPLama. Even if i don't believe so. Hopefully I'm wrong. :-)

https://forum.trainerroad.com/t/sigeyi- ... r/26370/11

alanyu

by alanyu

velolive wrote:

It's interesting to hear this, because Assiomas has IAV, which means they should pick up both force and cadence very frequently. I doubt that AXO is just faster at picking up only the force, but the cadence not as fast.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

alanyu wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:48 pm
velolive wrote:

It's interesting to hear this, because Assiomas has IAV, which means they should pick up both force and cadence very frequently. I doubt that AXO is just faster at picking up only the force, but the cadence not as fast.
Frequent reading doesn't mean low delay.
You can read 500 times a second, but report 0.5 second delay for every single of the 500 data reports.
I have a friend that use Assioma and indeed, it has some delay to the data reporting.

What i see as a trend is that, most of the power meter that do very well with oval chainring have this kind of delay.
Quarq is a low delay unit, and it miss read the power data with non round chainrings. Power2max has more delay but they claim it to be accurate with non round rings, for example.
I think it is just the matter of calculate the power right away with only current data, or wait and use some future data (like change in rotating acceleration) as part of the power calculation.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thejurist

by thejurist

velolive wrote:
Any news on this?

xcadey2010_1.jpg
looks like the most aliexpress shops change their offerings from axo to the xcadey spiders. They look really similar. :idea:
Sadly no M8100 in sight for now.