2019 Ridley Helium SLX 51cm

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

ArtV

by ArtV

Here is my 2019 Ridley Helium SLX 51cm

Currently at 6.175 kg

Have some Turbolitos in route which may get me down to 6.125 kg. Short of some uber light bottle cages which would only save 16 grams, I may have run out of ways to lighten the bike. Going to be difficult to lose that last 125 grams. I figure a set of tubulars would do it but I really want to stick with clinchers.

May have to get a set of 35 mm Light Bicycle wheels laced to some Carbon-Ti hubs to break the 6 kg mark.

Other than that, I am REALLY enjoying this bike.
Attachments
DSC01096.JPG
DSC01095.JPG
DSC01087 - Copy_2.jpg

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

Nice looking bike

Put up a build list, someone may be able to help with the 125g
Fuji SL 5.5kg tubs/5.9kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Focus Izalco Max Disc - Final Weight 6.7kg - http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

by Weenie

asiantrick

by asiantrick

Hi Art, where did buy this frame? I couldn't find this paint scheme any where online. All I've found so far was the gray and red color combo which I'm not too keen on.

ArtV

by ArtV

A bit of a long story.

I wanted the red one. Every shop I called said they were sold out and it wouldn't be until October until more were available. I called Ridley in Belgum and they told me to call the North American distributer. The North American distributer also told me that none were available and that more might be available in October........BUT they had one in black they built for a local pro team in my size which the team never ended up using and was only partly built. After looking at a few pictures I convinced myself I would like it and worked out a sweet deal for the full bike and stripped it and built this one.

I have to admit that the color scheme is REALLY starting to grow on me.

ArtV

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Great looking build!

ArtV

by ArtV

New 35mm deep 25mm wide light bicycle wheels with Carbon-Ti hubs + 80mm Extralight stem with Garmin mount. Will post pictures when I have the time.

The bike is now 5.935 kg! Is there a secret handshake or something for the below 6kg club?

jobvisser

by jobvisser

Nice bike man! What's going on with the headset spacers? these look quite big to me, you might be able to save a couple grams there
---> :oops: Send me a pm to order world's lightest low carbon fiber dust covers! (1g) :oops: <---

ArtV

by ArtV

Thanks!

Those are Deda Carbon HSS1 headset spacers. They are sized to match the headtube to give a more integrated look. I might expirement with lowering the effective stack by tacking one or two out but it is really comfy as is. They are carbon and I think I could lose about 6 grams if I went to regular spacers so not much. I kind of like the look of them but I agree it would be nice to have fewer of them. I am getting old though and am not as flexible as I once was.

LewisK

by LewisK

It’s a beautiful frame, looking forward to seeing pictures with the 35mm wheels! You don’t see that many Ridley’s under 6kg

ArtV

by ArtV

New Darimo loop seatpost. Now the bike is at 5.86 kg.

I still need to add pictures.

ArtV

by ArtV

Down to 5.73 kg. Could have a lower weight if I took off my light mount but that seems a bit disingenuous.

Have my eye on some Darimo bars and stem but that is a 40 gram weight loss at best.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

by Weenie