help with slr carbon rail saddle

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
simoncx

by simoncx

I have newer slr carbon rail saddle and I noticed it flexing more then usual and noticed the nose has some movement where the railing enters the seat. The railing and seat look fine with no cracks but was wondering if this is normal because it didnt seem like this before. I was going to try putting epoxy in the joint but I figured I'd ask first/

RedbullFiXX

by RedbullFiXX

Do you have the correct Ø7x9 mm mounting hardware for oval rails ?

by Weenie

simoncx

by simoncx

Yes I have the correct hardware for the seatpost but the problem isnt where the seatpost clamps its where the railings merge and go into the nose of the saddle.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

It sounds like a defect to me. Perhaps a warranty claim would take care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Just to double check......it's not the Kit Carbonio SLR Superflow with the blue elastomer is it? There is a teeny, tiny bit of nose movement with those. Sounds like that is probably not the case, but just thought I would put that out there.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

by Weenie

simoncx

by simoncx

No its the regular slr carbonio, I checked and there isnt any kind of elastomer. It looks like the glue that was used sheared in the front where the railing goes into the shell giving it alittle more flex but railing and shell have no cracks or damage. I had some high strength epoxy that I used last night and this morning it looks like it fixed it. Probably would be a warranty claim but its been over a year and I bought it 2nd hand after someone I know rode it a couple times and didnt fit them.