1x oval road chainring with offset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cattiy

by Cattiy

I am searching for an oval 1x chainring that bolts into my symmetrical 5 bolt Quarq DZero interface, has 46 to 50T options available and is offset like the SRAM Force 1 X-Sync chainrings (2mm to the inside for better chainline).

As far as I know Rotor and Garbaruk offer chainrings with 50T (road bike) and 46T (gravel bike) for the 5 bolt interface, but do not have any offset, which in my experience leads to a very load drivetrain.

Any help is appreciated, cause my knees really like the oval chainring that I am testing on my indoor setup during this winter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hoven

by Hoven

Cattiy

by Cattiy

Hoven wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:12 pm
Absoluteblack? Not 2mm but 1,5mm https://absoluteblack.cc/gravel-1x-oval ... chainring/
Unfortunately I have a non hidden bolt Quarq DZero.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Cattiy wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:05 pm
Hoven wrote:
Absoluteblack? Not 2mm but 1,5mm https://absoluteblack.cc/gravel-1x-oval ... chainring/

Those rings should work with SRAM NHB cranks or any normal 110BCD cranks. It’s the one piece Red HB cranks it won’t work with, presumably because it’s not exactly 4mm thick.

Also what kind of bike is this? 130mm or 135mm OLD? If it’s a disc bike with 135mm OLD, then you don’t need an offset ring at all since the cassette is already moved 2.5mm outboard.

Cattiy

by Cattiy

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:18 pm
Cattiy wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:05 pm
Hoven wrote:

Those rings should work with SRAM NHB cranks or any normal 110BCD cranks. It’s the one piece Red HB cranks it won’t work with, presumably because it’s not exactly 4mm thick.

Also what kind of bike is this? 130mm or 135mm OLD? If it’s a disc bike with 135mm OLD, then you don’t need an offset ring at all since the cassette is already moved 2.5mm outboard.
It is for a Cannondale Slate and a Canyon Ultimate Disc.

But the timing of the oval part should be off, I use the Absolute Black ring on NHB spider?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Cattiy wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:31 pm

It is for a Cannondale Slate and a Canyon Ultimate Disc.

But the timing of the oval part should be off, I use the Absolute Black ring on NHB spider?
Nah, the timing won’t be off. You can achieve the correct orientation for either HB or NHB just by mounting the rings rotated 180 degrees. And yes, you don’t actually want the offset rings with either of those bikes since they use 135mm OLD rear spacing and already move the cassette out 2.5mm.

That’s why cross-chaining small-small is way worse than big-big on disc road bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com