My Sixty4 - Custom C64!

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Orbea has been doing this for 2-3 years and they do it very well. Lead time was pretty terrible when I got my frame, but the paintwork is really fantastic. Colnago seems to almost use the same font for "My sixty4" that Orbea does for "My O"

by Weenie

wintershade

by wintershade

Jitensha wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:32 pm
The available colors and options are underwhelming. Colnago shouldnt have even bothered with this embrassing idea, I suspect there will be few takers and it will just slow down the lead times on regular production C64s.
I completely disagree. I think it's a great idea. I was quite interested in buying a C64, but I just never warmed up enough to any of the available standard color options. In particuarly, I didn't like the "stealth" black Colnago on the downtube with the Red, Black, and Silver color schemes which were the ones I liked best. That said, the other thing about a stock C64 that never appealed to me was the possibility of rolling up next to someone on the same back. Having something a bit more unique has a lot of appeal to me. Just wait until you guys see the custom paint job I have on an Enigma Echelon due to me this Spring.....

This actually has me considering a C64 again. As luck would have it, the "default" option on the configuration tool is exactly how I'd have wanted my C64 to look.

On the downside, yes, I agree the interface could use some work -- it was kind of clunk on iphone but works great on desktop, and more color options would be nice.
Colnago.png

derosa2000

by derosa2000

corky wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:29 pm

.....and what does this do to lead times?
12 weeks at the moment
and this is not cheap option ...

fogman

by fogman

What is the premium on a custom MySixty4 over a stock color? I had inquired about doing a custom MyWay Pinarello F10 but the premium was an extra $1000USD. Ended ordering a stock color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

robertbb

by robertbb

The problem is, under all that paint, it's still a Colnago C64 :lol:

chunky666

by chunky666

wheelsONfire wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:11 pm
chunky666 wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:04 pm

Mine is still, as far as I know, in italy back at colnago for them to have a look at it and decide what to do with it due to the paint cracking round stress points on the Chainstay! :roll:

Maybe i'll get it in time to ride next summer!
How long have you been waiting for such a small "fix"?

So far about 4 weeks I think. Cant remember exactly when it went back. Not long after I did the Redbull time Laps. Hopefully wont be the same 5 months I had to wait to get it in the first place