Yet another Colnago framesize help

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Swooshby

by Swooshby

I wondered if you had other bikes/other brands in similar size to your Colnago and what different do you feel in that case...it is hard for me to compare the c60 to my Merckx I think.
scale29 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:18 pm
Swooshby wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:30 pm
scale29 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:38 pm
I’m 1’87 with a saddle height of 809mm c2top and I’m on a 56s if that helps at all?
Hm ok...what´s your inseam?
809mm must be to the top of your saddle?
How do you feel on the bike compare to others in position?
Yes 809 to top to saddle, inside leg is 86.4 (34”)
I’m not sure what the rest of your question means??
I run a 120mm stem and have a 5mm spacer on top of the flat headset cap.

The 56s is equiv of a 60cm in other frames but I like the reach so would normally run a 58cm with a longer stem.
Eddy Merckx Mourenx 69 Disc 2017 with eTap

by Weenie

scale29

by scale29

I’ve run many over the years with the same fit but I’ve skimmed the fleet since going disc.

I generally use a 58cm bike and have used Scott Addict, S-Works Tarmac SL5, Giant TCR Advanced in M/L and currently also have a Mason Defininition2 in 58 cm also.

I’ve always run a 12cm stem on them and been able to get my fit, Might have had a 13 on the Giant, can’t remember.

vinc

by vinc

Swooshby wrote:
vinc wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:45 pm
Let’s look at stack and reach. Size L of the Merckx is 584 stack and 384 reach. Closest of the C60 is size 54s with 582 stack and 385 reach; a 3mm lower and 1 mm longer position of the stem. Not a huge difference with the Merckx so can you tell what you mean with “a more aggressive position”?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
I mean of course a more aero position. A lower bike I guess to start with adjusting the rest to more aero benefits (stem,spacers)?
My merckx is supposted to be an endurance bike with high headtube? I never go for more than 1-2 hour rides and like to have a more racy alternative to my Merckx..
For a more aero position I think the following:
1. Remove some spacers for a lower position
2. When you don’t have any spacers then use a -17 degrees stem to get a lower position
3. Or choose the size 52s C60; reach is about the same but stack is 2cm lower then the size 54s (and the Merckx) so you can get the more aero position you want

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

audiojan

by audiojan

Swooshby wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:13 pm

You are probably absolutely right...But if I do a bikefit, can they come up with the right size for me on a Colnago or another not present bike?
What I mean is that I dont know how bikefit works but I assume that the fit is for on/a specific bike (that I dont have yet) ? The conclusion maybe that Colnago dont fit me aswell :(
The best way to buy a bike is to do a bike fit BEFORE. This way, you get the data you need to understand what geometry fits you based on YOU. A bike fit after the fact can be a compromise, basically making the best of what you have instead of what is the best for YOU.

When you shop for a bike fit, shop the fitter, not the tool. Yes, Retul or the likes are nice tools, but they are just that... the experience and knowledge of the fitter is what makes the difference. Ask around in your local area what who other cyclists have used and who they like. Take the top 2-3 fitters and give them a call and interview them.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

Swooshby

by Swooshby

So right you are.
Eddy Merckx Mourenx 69 Disc 2017 with eTap