S-Works 7 road shoes?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
User avatar
guyc
Posts: 1317
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:40 am
Location: Hampshire, England
Contact:

by guyc

I just wear dark shoes in shitty weather. And white ones when it's nice and dry.

by Weenie


kode54
Posts: 1963
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm

by kode54

Ronin416 wrote:
ome rodriguez wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:50 am
If s-works 8 comes out in a couple of months, it will kill sales of s-works 7 vent shoes.
I have the Vents and I would recommend the previous S-Works 7 for more of a secure fit. The softer fabric of the mesh requires much more tightening of the BOA's and the fabric ends up pinching.
Although the Vents feel more comfortable to me especially with the cooler fabrics area around the ankles and heel cups.

But you’re right about the tightening. I’m thinking maybe go down a half size?Dyneema material is flimsy and closely resembles the EXOS shoes. If you’re concerned about looks, the Vent looks wrinkled and less shapely in comparison to the 7s.
- Factor 02 VAM Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Factor LS Disc + DA9170 + Enve G23 CK CL hubs <-- incoming
- Allied Able + DA9170 + Enve G27 CK CL hubs --> outgoing

Ronin416
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:46 pm

by Ronin416

Mine has never see rain and are grey just from dust off the road and the sun.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akaspin
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:36 pm

by akaspin

I'm looking for shoes with wide toebox. The S-Works 7 is one of options. I have flat 280x102 mm feet. Oriental shape - big toe is longest. Which size will fit? According the charts my size is 45. But toebox is rounded. Is it good idea to order size 45.5 (or 46)? Do I need the wide version?

Maybe there is someone with similar feet. Unfortunately I found one store in Berlin. No fitting equipment, no wide versions, lack of half-sizes.

jlok
Posts: 1386
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:30 am

by jlok

Bont shoes should fit when big toe is the longest.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

okimy
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:02 pm

by okimy

Quick question about the wide variant of these shoes: Are the shoes wider (as in the soles) or is the upper just bigger, like Shimano wide shoes?

akaspin
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:36 pm

by akaspin

jlok wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:33 am
Bont shoes should fit when big toe is the longest.
Unfortunately heel lift on Bonts is too high for me. I tried Bont Vaypor S and feel like I'm staing on pipe.

akaspin
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:36 pm

by akaspin

okimy wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:10 am
Quick question about the wide variant of these shoes: Are the shoes wider (as in the soles) or is the upper just bigger, like Shimano wide shoes?
How long will manufacturers consider normal measurements a state secret? Has isolation during a pandemic taught them nothing?

alanyu
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:10 pm

by alanyu

okimy wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:10 am
Quick question about the wide variant of these shoes: Are the shoes wider (as in the soles) or is the upper just bigger, like Shimano wide shoes?
Wider soles, but they will never fit oriental feet. However, I can't understand how you feel heel lifts of bont too high. Bont heel lifts are quite flat, compared to other shoes.

akaspin
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:36 pm

by akaspin

alanyu wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:43 pm
okimy wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:10 am
Quick question about the wide variant of these shoes: Are the shoes wider (as in the soles) or is the upper just bigger, like Shimano wide shoes?
Wider soles, but they will never fit oriental feet. However, I can't understand how you feel heel lifts of bont too high. Bont heel lifts are quite flat, compared to other shoes.
Unfortunately not enough. My left foot is completelly flat and shallow under load.

alanyu
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:10 pm

by alanyu

akaspin wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:29 pm
alanyu wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:43 pm
okimy wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:10 am
Quick question about the wide variant of these shoes: Are the shoes wider (as in the soles) or is the upper just bigger, like Shimano wide shoes?
Wider soles, but they will never fit oriental feet. However, I can't understand how you feel heel lifts of bont too high. Bont heel lifts are quite flat, compared to other shoes.
Unfortunately not enough. My left foot is completelly flat and shallow under load.
Then ask bont for an Asian fit size, which has a flat sole and 2mm wider at the toebox than standard size.

akaspin
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:36 pm

by akaspin

alanyu wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:07 pm
akaspin wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:29 pm
alanyu wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:43 pm
okimy wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:10 am
Quick question about the wide variant of these shoes: Are the shoes wider (as in the soles) or is the upper just bigger, like Shimano wide shoes?
Wider soles, but they will never fit oriental feet. However, I can't understand how you feel heel lifts of bont too high. Bont heel lifts are quite flat, compared to other shoes.
Unfortunately not enough. My left foot is completelly flat and shallow under load.
Then ask bont for an Asian fit size, which has a flat sole and 2mm wider at the toebox than standard size.
Also tried. "Stay on pipe" even of bike, too roomy and my feet playing in the shoe vertically. I tried all options with Bont. Not compatible with my flipper feet. Crossed out. Period. Sad but true. This is the reason why I asking in topic named "S-Works 7 road shoes?".

alanyu
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:10 pm

by alanyu

akaspin wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:26 pm

Also tried. "Stay on pipe" even of bike, too roomy and my feet playing in the shoe vertically. I tried all options with Bont. Not compatible with my flipper feet. Crossed out. Period. Sad but true. This is the reason why I asking in topic named "S-Works 7 road shoes?".
Maybe it's better to get a pair of thermal customed insoles, or customed shoes...

akaspin
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:36 pm

by akaspin

alanyu wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:55 pm
akaspin wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:26 pm

Also tried. "Stay on pipe" even of bike, too roomy and my feet playing in the shoe vertically. I tried all options with Bont. Not compatible with my flipper feet. Crossed out. Period. Sad but true. This is the reason why I asking in topic named "S-Works 7 road shoes?".
Maybe it's better to get a pair of thermal customed insoles, or customed shoes...
Custom shoes is one of options. More expensive and longer. Of course custom insoles is a must.
Please! I post specific question about specific shoes in specific topic. There no reason to pollute topic with your opinions.

alanyu
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:10 pm

by alanyu

akaspin wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:27 pm
alanyu wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:55 pm
akaspin wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:26 pm

Also tried. "Stay on pipe" even of bike, too roomy and my feet playing in the shoe vertically. I tried all options with Bont. Not compatible with my flipper feet. Crossed out. Period. Sad but true. This is the reason why I asking in topic named "S-Works 7 road shoes?".
Maybe it's better to get a pair of thermal customed insoles, or customed shoes...
Custom shoes is one of options. More expensive and longer. Of course custom insoles is a must.
Please! I post specific question about specific shoes in specific topic. There no reason to pollute topic with your opinions.
My opinion? I was telling u the fact and I have told u at the very beginning about SW 7.
alanyu wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:43 pm

Wider soles, but they will never fit oriental feet.

by Weenie


Post Reply