2014 Wraith Fabrication Hustle

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

JasonL

by JasonL

Hi WW's,

This is my first build, so take it easy on me :beerchug: It's not exactly a weenie build, but I tried to save weight where I could. Build is almost complete, just waiting on my bottom bracket and need suggestions for pedals. Also, please forgive the lack of a proper bike stand :oops:

Brand: Wraith Fabrication Hustle (Columbus Life)

Final weight: estimated 7.084 kg / 15.62 lb

Frame: Wraith Hustle (M, 54cm TT) 1689 gr
Fork: Whiskey Fork 381 gr
Headset: Columbus COMPASS Headset 79 gr
Headset cap: Carbon-Ti X-Cap Top Cap 6 gr
Headset expander: J&L Carbon Steer Fork/Headset Expander/Star Nut-1&1/8"-Super light-6.8g 6 gr
Handlebar: 3T Ergonova Team 40cm x 31.8mm Carbon 200 gr
Handlebar tape: Fizik Superlight Microtex 70 gr
Handlebar plug: Fizik 6 gr
Stem: KALLOY UNO AL 7050 Ultra Light Weight Stem 31.8 7 Degree Black 106 gr
Spacers: Rib design Super light carbon Headset Stem spacer 1-1/8 (3mm+5mm+10mm+15mm) 10 gr
Saddle: Fabric ALM LTD 140 gr
Seatpost: Hylix Ultra/Super light Carbon Seatpost-27.2mm*410MM 149 gr
Bottle cages: ICAN Carbon Lightweight Road Bicycle MTB Bike Water Bottle Holder Cages 2 PCS 40 gr
Seatpost clamp: J&L Titanium bolt Seatpost clamp 31.8 10 gr
Crankset: SRAM Red 22 GXP 170 w/chainring bolts 413 gr
Chainrings: Extralite OctaRamp CH2 110 BCD, 53/39 106 gr
Bottom Bracket: VCRC Ceramic Bottom Bracket (BB) for SRAM (GXP) Road - BSA 94 gr
Chain: KMC X11SL 245 gr
Shifters: Red 22 Shifters 284 gr
Cassette: SRAM XG-1190 11-28 179 gr
Front derailleur: Sram force 22 w/chain guard 92 gr
Front derailleur clamp: Cutter Carbon Front Derailleur Clamp 8 gr
Rear derailleur: Sram Force 22 WiFLi Medium cage 187 gr
Front Brake: Planet X Ultra Light CNC w/pads 110 gr
Rear Brake: Planet X Ultra Light CNC w/pads 110 gr
Brake/Shift cables: AICAN Bungarus Brake and Shifter kit 158 gr
Wheels: FSC38CM-23-SL w/44 veloplugs 1325 gr
Skewers: Farsports skewer 45 gr
Tubes: MICHELIN AIRCOMP BUTYL ULTRALIGHT 156 gr
Tires: S-WORKS TURBO 430 gr
Pedals: TBD 250 gr

Any suggestions for pedals? I've been eyeing speedplay and the look system, but would love to hear input from you knowledgable folks.

:thumbup:

by Weenie

lrdunc

by lrdunc

That thing is beautiful...I want that saddle! How do you like it?

JasonL

by JasonL

Hi lrdunc! The saddle is very nice, but I haven't had a chance to test it out. Once I get this thing built up and ridden, I'll provide some feedback. On fit/finish, the buffalo leather cover doesn't seem too durable, especially at the edges where it feels like suede material. I really like the construction of the saddle, especially the underneath area.

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

Such a cool bike. Looking forward to your review, I've been eyeballing them.

bencolem

by bencolem

Great build. Don't like the choice of tires.

stuka666

by stuka666

Nice bike!

For pedals I'm going to try next the Mavic zxellium SL (208 grams - 87.5€) because I have knee problems, they're light and cheap.

Cheers and keep the photos coming.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Interested to hear your ride review of this. I did an impulse buy on the first run on an ML frame but have yet to build it up as the wife would probably throw me out of the house if I had another bike around!

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

I ordered mine yesterday. Ride this thing for us.

breakjnky

by breakjnky

My buddy has one. For the money, it is hands down one of the raddest steel bikes around. Rides beautifully.

Geoff

by Geoff

What lens?

syncmaster

by syncmaster

bencolem wrote:Great build. Don't like the choice of tires.

Why? I run S-Works turbo tires and like them. I should say though that I got them on a huge discount through the LBS which sponsors my team... but I like them either way.

And to the OP - I have the same seatpost and saved about 40 grams cutting off about 8cm of extra length.

livestrong1986

by livestrong1986

syncmaster wrote:
I have the same seatpost and saved about 40 grams cutting off about 8cm of extra length.

I have same seatpost , was 159gr.Cutting 10cm (31gr) now weight is 128.

derailer

by derailer

Love the look of this bike and I'm seriously considering one. Looking forward to seeing the final build and your impressions of the bike.

JasonL

by JasonL

Citizenfox wrote:Such a cool bike. Looking forward to your review, I've been eyeballing them.

It's definitely an interesting looking bike. The subtle grey paint, minimal logos, and sawtooth design on the fork drew me in the first time I saw it. Once I get this thing assembled and ridden I'll post my thoughts on it. :D

Thanks bencolem! I grabbed these tires on a buy one get one free offer so I couldn't resist :lol:

stuka666 wrote:Nice bike!

For pedals I'm going to try next the Mavic zxellium SL (208 grams - 87.5€) because I have knee problems, they're light and cheap.

Cheers and keep the photos coming.

Thanks for the suggestion stuka666, I'll definitely check them out.

ultyguy wrote:Interested to hear your ride review of this. I did an impulse buy on the first run on an ML frame but have yet to build it up as the wife would probably throw me out of the house if I had another bike around!

:beerchug: I guess I was in the same boat, it was definitely an impulse buy for me as well. Luckily my wife hasn't seen what I've spent so far on it, otherwise I'd be in big trouble too!

Citizenfox wrote:I ordered mine yesterday. Ride this thing for us.

Nice! You'll probably have yours built up and ridden before I do :thumbup:

breakjnky wrote:My buddy has one. For the money, it is hands down one of the raddest steel bikes around. Rides beautifully.

Awesome! Makes me want to hurry up and get this thing finished up.

Geoff wrote:What lens?

Hi Geoff, the lens is a Nikon 50.0 mm f/1.4.

syncmaster wrote:

Why? I run S-Works turbo tires and like them. I should say though that I got them on a huge discount through the LBS which sponsors my team... but I like them either way.

And to the OP - I have the same seatpost and saved about 40 grams cutting off about 8cm of extra length.

Same here, the buy one get one free was too good to pass up :lol: I did cut the post down but haven't weighed it since. How has your post been holding up? I was a little leery about buying from ebay, but the weight was good, branding was easily removed, and it was relatively inexpensive.

livestrong1986 wrote:
syncmaster wrote: I have the same seatpost and saved about 40 grams cutting off about 8cm of extra length.

I have same seatpost , was 159gr.Cutting 10cm (31gr) now weight is 128.

Now I need to re-weigh mine :oops:

derailer wrote:Love the look of this bike and I'm seriously considering one. Looking forward to seeing the final build and your impressions of the bike.

Thanks, can't wait to get this thing built and dialed in :beerchug:

A couple build notes so far. One of the AICAN segments was defective and actually split open while I was actuating the brake. Good thing it broke while I was still building/testing. I would not recommend the Cutter Carbon Front Derailleur Clamp, it's flexy and I think it's causing some front shifting issues. I replaced the clamp but had to order new shifter cables since I frayed the cable pretty bad after trying to readjust it multiple times.

So far the bike is at 14.51 lbs / 6.58 kg sans pedals and bartape.

I know, I know, the spaghetti cables are a mess :oops:

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Unless you're fittet like that - then you need to turn your bars down a bit and then hoods up bit.
Last edited by CaptainP on Wed May 20, 2015 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie