I would like to know what do you think about that,
Sell the Bora+Hyperon and buy a Bora 35 instead ?
The same can be asked to other that use Shimano or other brands, if you already have a set of 50 and a set of 24 Tubular Carbons, would you Exchange both for a set of 38x or 35s ?
If I could only afford one set - and I can't afford any of them - I'd still get the Hyperons. The Boras have no real aero credentials to speak of and I would wager the 35s are in a similar boat so I would put ride quality first in my decision making. Hyperons would clinch it on that criterion.
That's why I was interested on those new Bora 35s, Hyperon light but with some additional aerodynamics, even though I don't know if those extra 11m really have any benefit
Do somebody has experience with 35mm rims ?
No experience on a 35.
The following are definitely a poor comparison.
I'm currently riding the LW Std in 54mm, the RZR Team in 45mm, and the Ventoux in 28mm.
I have to agree that the 45mm is the most versatile on all conditions, and if I'm not mistaken the latest LW Meilenstein has a reduced depth of 48mm.
How about selling the Hyperon and keep the Bora, plus get a new pair of Bora 35mm ?
I also have the mv32t Reynolds, 32 mm, great rims, and would prefer them above all if they where campy, since, like it was posted earlier, reliability and cult performance is great. They have dt240 hubs which are not shabby though, and weigh 1040 grs., quite lighter than the 35s that are coming.
Regardless, don't sell the hyperons, they look great on ur c50, will look even better on c59 ad10 and based on your location, seem like a perfect choice.
By the way, wiggle has the 35s for around 1850 US dollars.
But after I had ackwnoledged that I had a bikeaholism problem, I had way too many bikes, parts, wheels etc etc, all them collected during many years of hobby bike buying/building/selling/trading.
I decided to reduce the herd, and to make things difficult for me, I decided not to put any new fresh money into cycling stuff. To buy anything new, I must before sell something, and I strictly forbidden me to buy anything used/second hand, only new stuff but still I have to find the best deal possible on the known universe.
The Colnago Master and all its components, for example, was fully financed by this "cycling fund" of sales on parts and frames, and I am plenty happy with the result.
Now for 2014 I have my eyes on a C59 AD10 with the Bora 35 wheels.
I have already bought the SR11 and build kit with my "cycling fund" and there is still some money there, I am looking forward to sell the 2 other Colnago frames I still have, the TT bike or the current Bora/Hyperon Wheels to fund it. I am into it.
That's why I am thinking what would be best, if to sell my wheels to buy the new one or just keep mine.
I contacted Mike and he told me the frame could probably only be delivered at earliest by September, so I think there is no hurry for that. I rather wait and place the order in December so the frame will be ready about April 2014.
1. I'm a climber
2. Wind. I live in a fairly windy area and deep sections are just terrible around here.
I'd argue that 35mm rims are much more versatile and more usable in a variety of situations. I plan to start saving for a set Bora 35s
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 3 Replies
- 961 Views
Last post by ParisCarbon
Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:00 am
- 6 Replies
- 1379 Views
Last post by Seedster
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:04 am
- 0 Replies
- 163 Views
Last post by lirek15
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:33 am
- 0 Replies
- 344 Views
Last post by Daniel1975
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:49 pm
- 3 Replies
- 526 Views
Last post by Mackers
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:23 am