My New Trek M7 Spartacus

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

artray

by artray

I think it's easy to make fun of the way someone sets up there bike. You don't know the issues this rider could have . We all want to see a slammed stem etc but its not always possible .
I would be interested to know how caelanx has come to setting up his bike in this way.
It's a very nice bike . :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

caelanx

by caelanx

Firstly i dont see what's the issue with the saddle with or without the level, i am the one riding it. Comfort is important for me.
Maybe the stack is a bit high but not everyone are of the same built!

Bike is build for me base on my height and reach. Am not setting up and spending the money to please anyone but to enjoy the sport. Get it?

Photo angles may not be correct till you see the real thing.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Its a nice bike caelanx...enjoy the ride!

artray

by artray

caelanx wrote:Image

Firstly i dont see what's the issue with the saddle with or without the level, i am the one riding it. Comfort is important for me.

Bike is build for me base on my height and reach. Am not setting up and spending the money to please anyone but to enjoy the sport. Get it?

:thumbup: well said

fa63

by fa63

caelanx wrote:Firstly i dont see what's the issue with the saddle with or without the level, i am the one riding it. Comfort is important for me.

When you post pictures of our bike on a bike forum (and ones which didn't help your case at all or do your bike any justice), you should be ready for comments, good and bad. This is especially true for WW forum where exotic builds are the norm and not the exception.

Happy riding.

Scarpa

by Scarpa

Did you also weight just the Frame?`
regards

Meatball
in the industry

by Meatball

caelanx,

Nice build!
I think the new Madones are one of the coolest looking bikes out there right now.
I hope you enjoy it!

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

If you just want to enjoy it go ahead and ride it happily, but if you show it to the world get ready for comments, because that's what people wants to do here. Most of us will think that the bike is too small for you, and I think that's an objective statement to some of us. Don't take offence at those who don't sounds very nice saying that, but it might be good for you to consider the validity of the comments. Insisting that you have the right to decide how you want it to be cos it's your bike isn't going to help you participate in forum discussions.

mpower

by mpower

The wheelset must go. Then the fork steerer must be further cut.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

That's a beautiful frame. It looks like you got the H3 fit, correct? I only have two "gripes" if you can call it that: first is that Cancellara doesn't ride the Madone. He's exclusively on the Domane, and Team RadioShack rides Shimano, not SRAM. I understand your choices, and I applaud your bike selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk