Enduro XD-15 Bottom Bracket?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Is anyone running one of these Enduro bottom brackets? Are the angular contact bearings enough of a big deal over other outboard BBs like King to warrant the additional cost?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rick

by Rick

I've been looking at those for quite a while too. The theory makes sense, and I wanted to have some bearings that would take a little side load so I could crank the tightness on my BB30 BB a little bit.

But as a practical matter, I have never really worn out any bottom bracket bearings, even after 3 decades of use. So it is probably not really "worth it". But when do bicyclists make rational decisions ? It is all about having fun. ;)

rmerka

by rmerka

I like mine a lot. I think a bonus is that they are easily cleaned out and regreased by just popping out that plastic ring on the back is a big plus for me.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I was wondering how easy it was to pop out the bearings. Some pics suggested it was quite easy to do. I know with King you can flush them out with their tool, but being able to pop out the Enduro bearings and completely clean and relube them looks a better option.

Thanks.

rmerka

by rmerka

I actually got a set of the BB30 bearings and popped off the the ring (and left it off) before pressing them (the inner race) into my Rotor PF30 cups for my R5. I feel like this is best compromise for that BB system as I can now pull the crank and service the bearings without having to bang out the cups and press in new ones. It works GREAT and the bearings are super smooth and the seal is nice too.