2013 Cannondale Evo HIMOD DI2 9070

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

ross
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:59 am
Location: Oxfordshire UK

by ross

Really nice looking ride

by Weenie


Grenn
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:22 pm

by Grenn

I just picked up my 2013 Evo dura ace DI2 ... my unboxed weight with dura ace 9000 pedals was 14.35lbs. Currently having my zipp 404 tub rebuilt with a dura ace 11 speed hub ..... will be interesting to see where the weight lies with the tubs on.

I must say the bike is AMAZING! The shifting is sublime and the bike handles extremely well.

wkwt
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:16 am

by wkwt

Huh, why such a difference w/ the OP's 13.x lb weight?

Grenn
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:22 pm

by Grenn

The original poster changed out the stem and handle bar to Enve and also had the Look Keo Blade pedals.

I will repost my bikes weight once my rear zipp 404 tubular gets back to me (currently being rebuilt with a DA rear hub). A quick weight comparison with the two wheel sets (actually hanging the wheels off of a scale) it looks like the bike should weigh in around 13.8ish lbs.

User avatar
TrekUk
Shop Owner
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:45 pm
Location: UK

by TrekUk

I would like to see more pictures of this, makes me want to sell the new madone :shock:
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

asv
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:26 pm

by asv

Updated with pics of the stages SISL2 arm, Enve post, Antares 00, and Barfly 2.

I also update the weights. Its currently 14.0 flat. I think the 13.5 weight before was incorrect.

User avatar
carlislegeorge
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:13 pm

by carlislegeorge

Great looking ride.

How does the SiSl2 crankset and rings play with the rest of the 9070 setup? Any incidence of chain rub, either on the FD or the inside of the big ring (when on the little ring).
2011 Tarmac Pro SL3 Project Black (gone but not forgotten)
2012 Parlee Z5 SLi (just because)
2014 Colnago C59 (why not)

asv
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:26 pm

by asv

carlislegeorge wrote:Great looking ride.

How does the SiSl2 crankset and rings play with the rest of the 9070 setup? Any incidence of chain rub, either on the FD or the inside of the big ring (when on the little ring).


I really haven't had any chain rub issues. Its actually been very well behaved.

liketoride
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:05 am

by liketoride

love the bike, what is the real world frame wt?

asv
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:26 pm

by asv

liketoride wrote:love the bike, what is the real world frame wt?


I'm not sure, I never got to weigh the frame only unfortunately.

KB
Posts: 3868
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:32 pm
Location: HULLGARIA UK

by KB

About the nicest Dale I've seen posted on here. I can't think of anything wrong with the way this bike looks and the paint scheme is great. Would love to see a pic without the wheel holder at the back. Chapeau.

em3
Posts: 887
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:57 pm
Location: NYC

by em3

asv wrote:I also update the weights. Its currently 14.0 flat. I think the 13.5 weight before was incorrect.



...still not seeing how you can get down to 14lbs with portly Di2 ? Unless your EVO is a sub-800 gram frame and your wheels are in the 1300 gm range (those are clinchers, yes?) Just curious, what are you using to weigh your ride?

By the way, beautiful build!

EM3
______________

asv
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:26 pm

by asv

em3 wrote:
asv wrote:I also update the weights. Its currently 14.0 flat. I think the 13.5 weight before was incorrect.



...still not seeing how you can get down to 14lbs with portly Di2 ? Unless your EVO is a sub-800 gram frame and your wheels are in the 1300 gm range (those are clinchers, yes?) Just curious, what are you using to weigh your ride?

By the way, beautiful build!

EM3


Thanks for the compliments.

So the weight was 14 flat with the stock wheels. DI2 9070 with the internal battery is actually lighter than mechanical 9000.

The bike was weighed at the seat with a Park Scale.
Image

The current 13.5 weight is with a cut enve post, carbon braided antares saddle, and Enve 3.4 clinchers with veloflex tires. I don't have a picture of the current weight but I can get one eventually.

I do agree that weighing the bike properly can be challenging. I think my first weight was inaccurate because the front tire was resting on a wall.

User avatar
53x12
Posts: 3762
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:02 am
Location: On the bike

by 53x12

asv wrote: DI2 9070 with the internal battery is actually lighter than mechanical 9000.


So that internal battery weighs less than 35g? That is impressive. I thought the battery was closer to 55-60g?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

goodboyr
Posts: 1388
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:56 pm
Location: Canada

by goodboyr

58 gms for mine.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post