Xiamen Far Sports Experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mentok

by mentok

yeah, i talked to kyle before chinese new year about this - 25mm and 24mm both available as rims only.

if it's not on the website, just email them.

Juggler

by Juggler

Getting a little pissed now...

I ordered my new wheels February 19th - via Velobuild.com, and with no special modifications, so they should be more or less ready to ship. Well, at least that was my assumption.

It is now March 8th, and apparently they haven't shipped out from the factory yet. Latest sign of life was March 4th, where they promised they would ship out the same day or the day after. I have written them twice since that, and there is complete silence... no tracking number, no nothing... not even an answer.

A friend of mine ordered a different set of wheels 3-4 days LATER than I... and he had some modifications, so it would take a little longer, was the response to that. He has received his wheels here in Denmark today.

What the f*** is going on? Now it is weekend.. so probably won't hear a thing before monday - or next year!

Arghhh.... really annoys me!
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LSiena0206

by LSiena0206

I think someone on this forum or the VeloBuild forum mentioned that they are waiting for wheel bags :)

No help to you - you should have gotten a reply by now.......

leejdavies

by leejdavies

Just so I'm clear.

Just had a super quick response from Kylefoo btw so thanks for that. Took about 15 minutes!

The new rims have completely different profiles.

24mm wide rims are U shape, similar to Zipp's firecrest, and the 25mm wide rims are more like the older pre-firecrest Zipp's (they call it Hybrid torodial).

Is this correct? and what would you guys recommend? Or rather, what have most of you guys opted for?

Thanks,

Lee

ms6073

by ms6073

leejdavies wrote:And will they be available in 38mm/60mm profiles too?
I am also curious to know if/when the u-shaped, 24-mm wide carbon clinchers will be offered in 38mm depth?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

@juggler - send a pm to KyleFoo ?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Colin

by Colin

@Juggler, I had the same issue. Emailed the moderator at Velobuilld and asked him to cancel my order because it was taking too long, next day I had a tracking number! :lol:

Dammit

by Dammit

Ordered mine from Kyle on the 22nd of Feb, nothing from them since- approximately how long do they normally take?

I ordered a wheelset, the 25mm wide 50mm deep clinchers on Novatec disc hubs.

mentok

by mentok

leejdavies wrote:24mm wide rims are U shape, similar to Zipp's firecrest, and the 25mm wide rims are more like the older pre-firecrest Zipp's (they call it Hybrid torodial).

Is this correct? and what would you guys recommend? Or rather, what have most of you guys opted for?

24mm:
u-shape, not toroidal (by that i mean there is no bulge - the section of the rim is no wider than the braking surface).

25mm:
toroid shape (wider in the section than at the braking surface).

i opted for the 50x24mm over 25mm mainly because i wanted the high temp braking surface rather than the basalt but also the price difference was about $40ea. i would have preferred the shape of the 25mm however...

eric

by eric

What's the high temp braking surface? How is it better than the basalt? The basalt's worked well for me but better is always nice.

Also, got weights?

kylefoo
in the industry
Location: N96 Road jingquan, Jimei District, Xiamen city, China

by kylefoo

Juggler wrote:Getting a little pissed now...

I ordered my new wheels February 19th - via Velobuild.com, and with no special modifications, so they should be more or less ready to ship. Well, at least that was my assumption.
What the f*** is going on? Now it is weekend.. so probably won't hear a thing before monday - or next year!
Arghhh.... really annoys me!

What is your order#?

kyle Fu
Last edited by kylefoo on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
FarSports carbon wheels
Email:sales2@farsports.cn
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

eric wrote:What's the high temp braking surface? How is it better than the basalt? The basalt's worked well for me but better is always nice.
Also, got weights?

High temerture brake--new version, said can stand 220 degree temperature, while basalt brake(180 degree). Due to mould factor, so some are basalt, others are high temperature.

Our new 38C*20.5mm and 50C*20.5mm, with high temperature brake---version rims&wheels is coming, at the stage of testing, show more like U shape&Aero shape,(20.5mm: toroid shape (wider in the section than at the braking surface). Unfortunely, it seems the drawings cannot be upload successfuly here.
FarSports carbon wheels
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

Dammit wrote:Ordered mine from Kyle on the 22nd of Feb, nothing from them since- approximately how long do they normally take?
I ordered a wheelset, the 25mm wide 50mm deep clinchers on Novatec disc hubs.

Neil, yeah still in the process, lead time as described on invocie 18-23days. Regarding lead time, i answered in the previous posts, usually,
3-5days for stock order, 18-23days for special and non stock orders, 25-30days for bulk order, of course, this is just estimate, should base on the real situation.
FarSports carbon wheels

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

mentok wrote:yeah, i talked to kyle before chinese new year about this - 25mm and 24mm both available as rims only.
if it's not on the website, just email them.

Both rims and wheels are available now, Mentok.
FarSports carbon wheels

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

ms6073 wrote:
leejdavies wrote:And will they be available in 38mm/60mm profiles too?
I am also curious to know if/when the u-shaped, 24-mm wide carbon clinchers will be offered in 38mm depth?

38mm*20.5mm but not 24mm width is testing now. will come out soon.
60mm*24mm both tubular and clincher already exist.
FarSports carbon wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com