Caad10 fork weight?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AttacknowAttackoften

by AttacknowAttackoften

Does anybody know the weight of the Caad10 fork with, say, 205mm of steerer exposed?

The black inc. version.

I just don't want to take mine apart, but trying to get the weight on all my parts.

Thanks.
I only train on days that end with "y".

Eli

Saoi

by Saoi

I think Cannondale Experts lists many of the fork weights on their pages. Not sure about the accuracy, but not a bad place to start.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AttacknowAttackoften

by AttacknowAttackoften

Very helpful.

Now, how much does 40mm of cut steerer tube weigh :D

Eli

cerro

by cerro

Are you serious? If you want to get weight on all your parts you got to put them on scale if it doesn't say Extralite or something like that on them as parts differ in weight. Otherwise you can just hang your complete bike in a scale and see.

My black/green painted Caad10 fork was around 380g.

lechat

by lechat

It's fairly heavy. I'd have a saved search on eBay for a SS HiMod/ Evo one at auction. Being black matching wouldn't be a problem. Not like Gulf Oil or Liquigas.

Buffalo

by Buffalo

Mine has 230 mm of exposed steerer and weighs 399g. 30mm of cut steerer weighs 9g.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

There could be saved quite a lot weight with a different 1 1/8 - 1 1/4 fork, if that weight is only for the fork (without the claw nut?). I have a new Edge fork laying around and it's 347g with 300mm steerer.
I have mine on my bike cut to exactly the same lenght (205mm) and it's 308g. Just for information if anybody is interested.

AttacknowAttackoften

by AttacknowAttackoften

Yeah I saw yours in the classifieds and I want it but can't splurge on it right now.

Eli

Anders

by Anders

Best solution is to find a used Super Six Evo fork. If it doesn't match your current frame have it refinished as I did. Have a look at my theead here for the story. Fyi it cost me 120€ for the fork, 7€ for the decals and 65€ for the paintjob. But I admit that I might have been very lucky to get the fork on ebay for that price.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=109014

lechat

by lechat

I wouldn't say that price is exceptional. OEM forks don't bring nearly the $ on eBay as say a brand like Enve. And the prices drop dramatically as the steerer length goes down.

cerro

by cerro

Agree with Anders. A black painted Evo fork in same length as caad10 for my last bike was 90-100g weight difference. Pretty much as it looks the same and both are full carbon.

AttacknowAttackoften

by AttacknowAttackoften

The black inc. fork is slightly different than an all-black fork. Gold accents on the inside.

Eli

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com