Cannondale 2013 Lineup

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

If you plan on replacing most of the parts anyway, then the cheaper rig will leave you with more $ to spend on light parts. :-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vickan240sx

by vickan240sx

mellowJohnny wrote:If you plan on replacing most of the parts anyway, then the cheaper rig will leave you with more $ to spend on light parts. :-)

But what about the looks though? I'm also considering the caad 10-4 because the frame looks the same as the ultegra version.

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

All depends then - looks are a big thing for me, and unless you plan on stripping the frame you're stuck with the colour. Parts can always be upgraded. Sounds like you favour looks, I still like the 2012 CAAD 10-5 in green / white.

vickan240sx

by vickan240sx

mellowJohnny wrote:All depends then - looks are a big thing for me, and unless you plan on stripping the frame you're stuck with the colour. Parts can always be upgraded. Sounds like you favour looks, I still like the 2012 CAAD 10-5 in green / white.

You are correct. I favor the color of the frame the most because the parts can always be changed. So out of the 3 frame colors which looks the best? I haven't found many opinions about the force racing model except for the wheels.

JPA

by JPA

Has anybody had any luck ordering an Evo Black (nano) frameset yet?

If so, where did you order it from and how much did you pay? I'm in Australia and haven't been able to locate any Cannondale dealers that are able to provide me with a frameset only. I know it's still early days in the 2013 model lineup, but I'm keen to get an order in!

Thanks in advance....

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

From the dealers I have talked to here in the U.S. (a couple in Texas and one in Boulder Co. during the Pro Cycling Challenge), Cannondale will not be selling the Evo Black (nano) as just a frameset. They seemed pretty sure about it, but who knows I (and the dealers I talked to) could be wrong. This could only be the case for America, and not the rest of the world, but I would not be surprised if Cannondale is choosing only to offer it as a complete bike. Kinda adds to the whole exclusiveness of frame, having to pay $13,000 for the complete bike and not just an extra $1000 or whatever it would be for the frame.

Not trying to ruin your dreams JPA, just stating what I have heard and my opinion on the matter. :smartass:
Trust me, I would definitely consider one as well if it was available as a frameset, saw one in person and it is unbelievably slick! 8)

KWalker

by KWalker

Friend works at a Cannondale dealership and definitely ordered one or at least had a receipt and order slip for one.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

Hmm interesting, well like I said I could be wrong, and I guess I was. Order slip and receipt from an employee of a Cannondale shop proves me wrong. Did you happen to catch the MSRP on that KWalker? Makes me wonder what was up with the dealers I talked to, just misinformed or unaware I guess...

JPA

by JPA

STARNUT wrote:I have the 2013 "Framesets Programs; Aftermarket, Warranty Upgrade & Exchange" sheet for dealers.

In Elite road they are offering the Evo Nano in BoB, the Hi-Mod in Blk and Replica , Hi-Mod Di2 in the CRB color, and the Caad10 in raw and Replica.

Further, the RS will be sold in the white as a frameset

this doesn't, necessarily, mean you'll be able to get one but, they are planning on trying to sell it after market.

Starnut

Starnut seems to think they are planning to offer them as framesets after market, so here's hoping that they stay true to their word!
I agree hornedfrog, a price for the frameset would be interesting. Is that something that you could find out KWalker, even if it was at "mates rates" for someone who worked at a dealer?

mgordon

by mgordon

$5,500

peperjack1

by peperjack1

Hi
Have completed my major hill climb bike caad 10 total weight 6.27 kg
With a mixture of FSA K Force Light and Dura Ace and Reynolds Wheel set .
Attachments
caad 10 6.27 kg
caad 10 6.27 kg

casper

by casper

very nice, is that a 2012 Caad 10 frame or new '13?

HWWilson

by HWWilson

2011, I believe.

Stegger

by Stegger

Looking to buy at Cannondale from their 2013 lineup. Was interested in the Evo Red Racing, but would really like the new crank set and the OPI Spidering. From the Cannondale home page it looks to be the same crank arms but different spider/chain rings. Does anyone know if you can buy the OPI Spidering and attach it to the crank set on the Evo Red Racing. Both cranks are listed as New CANNONDALE HOLLOWGRAM SISL2.

Thank!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Stegger wrote:Looking to buy at Cannondale from their 2013 lineup. Was interested in the Evo Red Racing, but would really like the new crank set and the OPI Spidering. From the Cannondale home page it looks to be the same crank arms but different spider/chain rings. Does anyone know if you can buy the OPI Spidering and attach it to the crank set on the Evo Red Racing. Both cranks are listed as New CANNONDALE HOLLOWGRAM SISL2.

Thank!

Yes the Spidering works on all hollowgrams. It's not cheap though. I think it retails around $325 if you can find one. http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/Cannon ... _1749.html