Moderator: Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

gumwalls on black out. cool!

Arnoud

by Arnoud

Hi,

I saw you had am SL3 before the (great looking by THE way) SL4. Can you State something about difference in ride quality? I am currently riding à Project Black S Works SL3 with Campagnolo SR and considering whether à change to SL4 would be a real upgrade or whether I Will just change some parts.

Thanks,

masters324

by masters324

Arnoud, I believe hands down you should get the SL4 over the SL3. I mean my fitness was way up when I got the SL4, but honestly I keep saying it was the bike...

1. Weight savings
2. Internal routing (be patient with it, if your building it yourself:P) ideal for an electric set up.
3. little bit more aero with the new head tube design
4. Stiffer. (possibly utilize a bb30 crankset versus the SR crank.) big weight savings too... 707grams with SR crank and bb30 adapters and 554grams with Cannondale Hollowgram bb30

The bike is so smooth and buttery. I have been taking this thing through the rough streets of downtown LA with no problems.

(as for the exact weight savings from frame to frame, I don't have that data unfortunately)

dayne

by dayne

I believe it's between 20-40g.
Theres really not a big difference between the two.
I have an sl3 and i wouldnt bother upgrading to a 4, Id get better wheels and tuning on mine first and wait for a sl5 :wink:

dayne

by dayne

That's a big saving by going to the sl crank's i will be looking into this as i run sr11 and am sitting on 6.4 and would like to hit 6

KWalker

by KWalker

I had 2 SL3's and an SL4- the SL4 is not worth the cash. Slightly smoother, but doesn't feel any stiffer and to me felt less springy. Nice ride, but nothing worth the price increase. Still a great bike.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

EfrenFlores

by EfrenFlores

How tall are you?? Im thinking of getting a 54 cm. Sl4 as well and want a prefect race set-up like yours.

masters324

by masters324

EfrenFlores wrote:How tall are you?? Im thinking of getting a 54 cm. Sl4 as well and want a prefect race set-up like yours.

I'm 5'7 with 31" inseam