EPS external cabling

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LePouletTrapu

by LePouletTrapu

Looking to go down the electronic shifting route on my Parlee Z5sl (not the sli unforutunately). I know the new Di2 is coming out soon but the 40% price increase stated on some sites is putting me off so its either old Di2 or Campag EPS. I am leaning towards EPS from a visual perspective but the cabling is a bit of an issue. Some sites are saying you cannot run it externally and some are saying that you can (maybe using the same cable covers that Di2 uses). I've done some searching but found very little on this so I was wondering if anyone has tried running EPS externally and has some pics to show how it looks.

Thanks in advance for any help.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Omiar

by Omiar

The cables would make the bike a mess but otherwise I cannot see why it cannot be done.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

reggiebaseball

by reggiebaseball

Eps wiring is just that, a few waterproof wires, just like Di2.
You can run it external of course.
You can use zip ties at strategic locations, or the Shimano style cable covers (available in black, white or grey I think)

Here is a build using zip ties:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 030&type=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You REALLY should not be picking a groupset based on visual styling. That is like picking a painting on how it smells or a poem on how it tastes.

If you just wait a few months I bet the old Di2 prices will fall off a cliff (or if you buy now you will see your re-sale values plummet).

The two systems provides different levels of tactile feedback.

otoman

by otoman

reggiebaseball wrote:You REALLY should not be picking a groupset based on visual styling. That is like picking a painting on how it smells or a poem on how it tastes.

:lol: :lol: That has to be one of the best responses I've ever seen on a forum! Hilarious....

And zip ties?!? That is so PowerTap sharkfin.... Unfortunately, I can't be constructive and offer an alternative other than wait for more internally routed frame options and some sort of hidden battery option. Zip ties.... :roll:
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill