How to make new frame logos?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

pritchet74

by pritchet74

I need a change for my Cervelo and I want to redo the huge CERVELO on the down tube in a different color and font. I don't want decals - I want to paint it. How do I go about getting the masking tape that has the text cut out of it so I can paint it?
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

artray

by artray

Get some tracing paper and make a template .
It would be easier to get some decals and unless you get the finish perfect it will not look as good.
Good luck and post some pics when done

haydos

by haydos

search online for a Cervelo Vector file. once found, send it to a printer of some kind, then tell them the size of the text you want and they'll print off masking for you.

Easy. :beerchug:

BobSantini

by BobSantini

You can print out very big fonts on your pc. If you print them onto stickyback you could perhaps cut that out and use it for masking.
I haven't tried it.
r o y g b i v

jsinclair

by jsinclair

1. email cervelo and ask for the vector file for their logo. it will probably be an illustrator file or something
2. take said file to a sign/decal maker and ask him to make you a few stencils. get a few extras in case you crock it on the first go

paint away.

stay away from the tracing paper unless you are going for the whole kindergarten/arts and crafts theme. tracing paper isn't dimensionally stable and will wrinkle and change shape if you look at it too hard.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Paint sounds like a disaster waiting to happen unless you have experience doing so?. Why no decals? You could send any decent print house a raster image file. Anyone with a decent understanding of live trace in illustrator could convert to vector and make you a vinyl cut decal to apply. I guess they could make one inverted that you could use as a stencil if you wanted to paint...

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Plenty of guys on here have done their own paint. Have a search, their bikes have turned out great!

pritchet74

by pritchet74

Thanks guys. That's what I will do. I am hoping to get the clear and paint stripped next week!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?