Keo Blades

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
jaredfontaine2002

by jaredfontaine2002

Does anyone know how to get the replacement carbon blade for the Keo Carbon Blades? Mind broke. Also how much does it weigh?

Doolop

by Doolop

Was it your fault? If no...

Warranty it, don't spend money on a replacement. If its out of warranty, push it until they give you a new spring.

by Weenie

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and occasionally in the Washington DC area.

by Powerful Pete

Go to a bike shop that is a Look dealer? :noidea:
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...pastatrails.blogspot.com
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I wonder why those would break. :noidea: :smartass:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

wingguy

by wingguy

trilocus wrote:you can buy it as spare part

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... OOKPEDZ330" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But can you then fit it without the proprietary tool that only distributors have?

superleggera

by superleggera

Your local bike shop will have to send it in to Look. I think they charge $20 or so for installation.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

Ive replaced (swapped) blades without any special tools. All i did was remove the hinge pin for the rear "door". Personally i cant see what a special tool would do, its so easy to get the pin out.

silvercivic27

by silvercivic27

I've broken mine 3 times in two years. Sent back to look under warranty all 3 times. I personally think it's a poor design for this reason and have gone back to Keo Max Carbon on all my bikes. I have the blades as backups but doubt I'll ever use them, since the Keo Max 2s are pretty much bulletproof.

by Weenie

Dcgriz

by Dcgriz

You send it to the Look distributor in CA along with $25 and they do it for you. The catch is you can't send it if you are not an authorized dealer.