by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

BxEddie, nice!
Didnt you have Deda components before?

coloclimber, got yourself a nice new toy? ;)

BxEddie

by BxEddie

yes, front end.
Last edited by BxEddie on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Colo, when did that appear! :shock:

majklnajt

by majklnajt

BxEddie wrote:yes, front end.

Why did you changed it? Didnt find it comfy? Sadlle also?

BxEddie

by BxEddie

majklnajt wrote:
BxEddie wrote:yes, front end.

Why did you changed it? Didnt find it comfy? Sadlle also?

the aspide saddle fits well but kills my shorts.
I know the regale is not that light but nice and comfortable. the best I ever had.

the deda newton shallow is good for me. couldn´t find a carbon bar in that shape.
the newultimate parts are realy shiny but they change the hole bike...
Image/img]

majklnajt

by majklnajt

What about Deda Campione? Its carbon, but I think it has about 3 mm more drop.
Anyway, the bike looks good now and then!

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I'd bet that the New Ultimate stuff is also lighter than the previous Deda parts.
Lighter and looks better = double win.

kgt

by kgt

Lighter: yes
Looking better: no

BxEddie

by BxEddie

the glossy finish matches the frame very well.
but i kept the black parts, so I may change it back one day...

stem and bar are about 80g lighter than the deda alu parts.

michel2

by michel2

Dont think i have posted my ep here before made a nice pic last ride so i figured might aswell. Like most of us here very hapy with the bike feels very solid yet nîce weight (; Image

juniorg

by juniorg

Hello all - my LBS now has my C59 NERO in stock, should be built and ready for collection on Friday.

The NERO's that I have seen within this thread all have plain matt black seat posts. My LBS is supplying one that has white Colnago decals near the top of the seat post. It's still has a matt finish, but it's not the one that I was expecting. Even the NERO on the Colnago website has a plain matt finished seat post without any decals.

For all those NERO owners here, am I getting the correct one ?

I'll post some pictures on Friday - will be built with Bora Ultra's 2, Super Record and Zipp cockpit. Still a little undecided on seat at present.

Cheers

Steve

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@juniorg,
First of all, congratulations on your new bike. As for the seatpost, what is "correct" is really subjective, but I believe the current Nero's are coming with the black on black seatposts. Sounds like you have the matte seatpost with the white lettering on the top, like the one that came with my C59 (I opted to use a 3T post instead to match the cockpit). If you really want the black on black seatpost perhaps you could ask your dealer if they could get one for you in exchange. It is a lot of money to spend on a frameset and not get exactly what you want. But either way, your bike will look fantastic with either of those seatposts. Personally, I feel too much black can be a bit much and for me at least, a little splash of something to break it up a bit is not a bad thing. Will look forward to your build.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

juniorg

by juniorg

Calnago wrote:@juniorg,
First of all, congratulations on your new bike. As for the seatpost, what is "correct" is really subjective, but I believe the current Nero's are coming with the black on black seatposts. Sounds like you have the matte seatpost with the white lettering on the top, like the one that came with my C59 (I opted to use a 3T post instead to match the cockpit). If you really want the black on black seatpost perhaps you could ask your dealer if they could get one for you in exchange. It is a lot of money to spend on a frameset and not get exactly what you want. But either way, your bike will look fantastic with either of those seatposts. Personally, I feel too much black can be a bit much and for me at least, a little splash of something to break it up a bit is not a bad thing. Will look forward to your build.

Thanks Calnago, I'll build it up as is and get the black on black ordered. The more 'Vadar' my bike looks, the better !

yongkun

by yongkun

Some white flashy bike to brighten up the thread. Mine with severely crashed shifters, will be changing to SRAM force next week. Details to follow soon..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com