2013 Cannondale Evo Nano, 655grams!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spytech

by spytech

leosantos wrote:when you say himod I guess you mean ultimate, right?

then I agree they'll keep the pricetag at around 12k usd, and it does make sense for them to discontinue the current ultimate , first because those DT wheels have been discontinued for a newer, 100 gr heavier set, and also because its spec would make even less sense at 12k from this year an next than it did last year...

i was just talking about frameset pricing. the ultimate is Just a Evo HM that has hand picked part and is matt with no paint (i think) to keep weight down - all current evo's for sale are the same, but ultimate is not available as a frameset. i am just wondering if this new black evo will go for ~3500 a set or will they upcharge for it. now if they really come in at 655g actual in a size 56, they might increase price, more than a few bucks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mjduct

by mjduct

Combine the tech to make that frame with the disk brakes on the cross bike in that article and you have my next big purchase between now and 2020

For the non French speakers:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A//www.veloderoute.com/information/5612/cannondale-les-nouveautes-2013

spytech

by spytech

The technology is there to make a very light weight disc brakes for road bikes, but the real leaders of brake technology are not interested or have not entered the road bike market. AP, brembo, nissin, etc. alu-lithium monobloc calipers, with alu or ti pistons could provide a very light caliper with hydraulics that if done right could stop a bike with a 120 or even 100mm front carbon ceramic disc brake rotor. feel would be incredible as well.

a partnership between italian campagnolo and brembo, could be a huge.

i have attached a master cylinder i used on my ducati 1198. it is same used in motogp, but it is also $2800. i can not stress how important having a good master cylinder is.

sorry to go off topic. but with the weight of framesets going down, disc brakes for road are a reality for light bikes. especially as you can lighten carbon rims further.
Attachments
photo.jpeg