Cool multi tool with integrated co2 inflator

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

WalksOn2Wheels

by WalksOn2Wheels

Thought you co2 fans might like this. Not exactly WW at 93 grams (my kitchen scale), but this serfas multi tool seemed pretty nifty to me. Has a good bit of tools, and the all important bottle opener. :lol: pretty minimalist frame with the co2 inflator as the backbone. Seems to make sense if you're already carrying a separate inflator. Also, this is the style where you can tighten it back down to save any unused co2 if you're into that sort of thing.

I only just got an interest in co2 after being a frame pump man for a while. For touring, I'll stick with the frame pump, but for fun rides, it just seems overkill.

I did a quick search for this type of tool with the inflator and only found the plastic shelled blackburn tool. Are there any other mini multi tools with this feature?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

literider

by literider

The problem with these types of tools is that the bits are usually too small/short to access all the bolts you might need.

WalksOn2Wheels

by WalksOn2Wheels

Hmmm, I'm trying to think of an example where that might be the case. The best I can think of is the bolt underneath the hoods to tighten the shifter bodies on the bars. But what would you need to do that on the road for? I have another similar tool that I did use to adjust the limit screw on my FD once, and that was annoying because they put the phillips on the far end, causing it to bump against the seat tube. But here, they put it near the middle. The mounting bolt for a braze on derailleur? I think I could manage.

What specific examples were you thinking of? Pretty much every other bolt is pretty out in the open. Maybe a seat adjustment?

Rider10

by Rider10

Nice looking tool, but it needs a chain breaker and spoke key. Then it would be perfect.

WalksOn2Wheels

by WalksOn2Wheels

Rider10 wrote:Nice looking tool, but it needs a chain breaker and spoke key. Then it would be perfect.

They've already read your mind.

Rick

by Rick

Wow! that is pretty slick. I ended up wishing I had a chain tool on one ride, and I can always use a spoke wrench. The inflator is mandatory and is carried anyway. I might grab one of these!

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

And the bigger tool weighs how much?
My guess is that they are heavier and less easily packed in a tight saddle bag or jersey than separate mini tools and CO2 inflator head.
I will have to weigh my bag items tonight.

Camilo

by Camilo

I like the concept even though I'm a mini-pump guy (but recently borrowed a friend's co2 for a roadside flat - sweet!). The stubby hex keys are a major negative though. I"m going to weigh my current multi tool which has tool lengths I've found to be totally functional, and see how it + a bare bones CO2 unit would compare to this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ritterview

by Ritterview

I don't see how the integration saves any weight or adds function. It would be hard to save any off the 5 gram Lezyne Speed Drive.