Moderator: Moderator Team
Looks intimidating huh?
Project started as:
To me, the Storck Organic (2012 Light version pictured here) best signifies the genius behind arguably the most innovative bike builder in the world - Markus Storck (doesn't he have a striking resemblance to Albert Einstein?). This frame has multiple design awards including the Red Dot and IF Award design prize as well as being nominated for the German National Design Prize.
According to Markus, only 25 pieces of this frame in the 2012 livery colours have been made. When I saw the factory photo, I was sold immediately. I understand that other owners include Governor Schwazenneger and Rubens Barrichello - apt for the "mean and fast" attributes that the Organic seems to convey, even as a bare frame.
Less talk, more photos. So here goes.....
One or two parts are still missing - see if you can spot them.
Glad you went with syntace on the other hand...
Looking forward to seeing it biult up.
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.
BTW, as a background, I am predominantly a road and TT guy. So I decided that this XC build will be skewed towards factory matching rather than absolute performance and weight. Yeah a bit unadventurous on the MTB side for me (an oxymoron in itself).
Similar to the Fascenario F0.6 that I am building in parallel, I intend to build the Storck Organic Light using almost all Factory options. I believe I can shave off a kilo or more by using lighter parts but I think this list is acceptable for a good initial build.
1. Storck Organic Light Frame module 2012 (17" with fox shock, THM BB30 cups, E-mount type XT FD and drop in headset bearings) - 2.695kg
2. Storck Seat Post SP249 in white (uncut) - 266.4g
3. Storck Stem ST139 in white 110mm - 166.2g
4. Storck Saddle Prologo Nago EVO Nack Carbon in white - 170.8g
5. Storck Duraflite Handlebar 31.8mm by Syntace (uncut) - 144.2g
6. Storck Grips classic - 98.4g
7. Storck Powerarm SL cranks by THM 175mm - 408.8g
8. Storck Headset Integrated Drop-in by Acros - 79.2g
9. Fox Fork 32 Float Fit RLC 100mm travel remote lock out QR15 white (uncut) - 1580g
10. Fox 15QR thru axle Front Skewer - 76.6g
11. Crank Brothers Rear Skewer with split lever system - 61.8g
12. Crank Brothers Cobalt 3 Front Wheel Thru Axle ::Twinpair Spokes System (Black rim/ Silver spokes/Blue spines/ Blue nipples) - 720.4g
13. Crank Brothers Cobalt 3 Rear Wheel ::Twinpair Spokes System (Black rim/ Silver spokes/Blue spines/ Blue nipples) - 871.8g
14. Schwable Rocket Ron Evo Tires 26x2.25 (1 pair) - 983.8g
15. Inner tubes and valve (1 pair) - 386.4g
16. XTR Brake Rotors ICE Tech Front and Rear 6 bolts mounting - 248.6g
17. XTR Brake Rotor bolts - 32.3g
18. XTR Brake Lever with hydraulic hose and brake calipers (Front) - 275.8g
19. XTR Brake Lever with hydraulic hose and brake calipers (Rear) - 285g
20. XTR Shifters (1 pair) - 236g
21. XTR Rear Derailleur - 175.8g
22. XTR Chain (uncut) - 270g
23. XTR Cassette with lockring - 257.4g
24. THM BB30 cup and bearing - 78g (included in frame weight)
25. XT Front Derailleur (E-Type) - included in frame weight
26. Fox Rear Shock - included in frame weight
27. Head cap and Starnut by Acros - 25.6g
28. Shimano Brake Cables (uncut) - 150g
29. Pedals - Xpedo Face Off 18 Platform Pedals - 383.4g
30. Chain rings and bolts - TBC (likely Extralite Rings and bolts, 119g)
Total Paper Build Weight: 11.3 kg
Let's see where it will end up.
Fox Fork F32 Fit RLC 100mm travel QR15 thru axle version with Remote Lockout (special non-kashima version - Storck insists that the "gold" kashima will not match the bike). No place for a warm color in an essentially cool scheme- 1580g.
Storck Powerarm SL carbon crank 175mm (more exclusive cousin of Clavicula, both produced by THM) - 408.8g
Crank Brothers Cobalt 3 ::Twinspokes wheel set - 720.4g (F) + 871.8g (R) = 1592.2g (pair)
One of Storck's corporate colors is "Speed Blue". You often see spots of blue details in Storck's bikes and equipment. This pair of wheels puts the necessary dash of corporate speed blue into the overall white-black theme.
Saddle by Prologo Nago EVO Nack - 170.8g
Seat Post SP249 by Syntace - 266.4g (uncut)
Stem ST139 by Syntace (110mm) - 166.2g
Storck full carbon Duraflite handlebar (uncut) - 144.2g
Storck Grips Classic - 98.4g
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 23 Replies
- 1977 Views
Last post by colster
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:25 am
- 7 Replies
- 2100 Views
Last post by Mrseasons
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:13 am
My weight weenie storck .....!!!
Last post by TurboTommy « Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:09 pmReplies: 35
Posted in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.by Neckkoss » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:27 pm » in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.
- 35 Replies
- 2042 Views
Last post by TurboTommy
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:09 pm
- 2 Replies
- 370 Views
Last post by woogie11
Fri May 18, 2018 7:29 am
Storck F.3 WIP Initial Build - Size M (55)
Last post by zappafile123 « Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:42 amReplies: 17
Posted in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.by Discoverspeed » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:31 am » in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.
- 17 Replies
- 3407 Views
Last post by zappafile123
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:42 am