pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kajdean

by kajdean

Hey all, just put my deposit down on my first ever road bike, been a mtb all my life :) Pedals are new to me im afraid, other than i know i need to get some before my bike arrives :D So a few questions, can you get spd's that you can use normal trainers with aswell as the spd shoes? only ask cause i want to get a decent pair of spd shoes but cant afford them before i get my bike and pedals and was hoping to go out with just my trainers :) Also, where is the best place to get the shoes and pedals? Thanks in advance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Phill P

by Phill P

do you have mtb clipless shoes? If so just get a cheap set of mtb spds until you can do a full road combo.
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

bricky21

by bricky21

Speedplay makes pedal covers that clip on over the pedals to convert them into platforms.

kajdean

by kajdean

Phill P wrote:do you have mtb clipless shoes? If so just get a cheap set of mtb spds until you can do a full road combo.

No never bothered getting spd's for my mtb's, completely new to me haha.

notsoswift

by notsoswift

kajdean wrote: Also, where is the best place to get the shoes and pedals? Thanks in advance.

Pedal are fine online,once you have decided on your system

Shoes, really you are best to try them on, so if your local shop has 3-4 brands that you can back to back that is the best

If you do go for a 4 bolt system there is a bit of benefit getting a 4 bolt shoe, though there are limited brands, but something to consider