aero difference between disc and hed stinger 90

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
brearley

by brearley

seeing as though nobody is interested in the hed stinger I have for sale I was wondering what the aero difference would be between a corima disc and the hed stinger 90 I have?
my thinking is the hed is lighter and wider so could be an advantage over the disc. any test data out there to clarify this?

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

The disc is more aero, period. The only place that I could see it being an advantage would be in a REALLY cross windy situation or if you are in a triathlon where you can't run a disc. Discs although heavier spin up pretty fast because of how the weight is distributed. Have you tried selling the wheel on a tri forum?

brearley

by brearley

they're advertised on here, bikeradar and timetrialling forum but all I get are stupidly low offers.

didnt think there would be much in it between a flat normal section disc and a wider rimmed 90mm deep section

Geoff

by Geoff

I love my Stinger 9's. Why are you selling it? It is a pretty versatile wheel that can do double-duty for road and TT.

brearley

by brearley

selling as I'm a student, I've just bought a pair of stinger 6s for a price I couldn't refuse, hense having to sell these.