Cannondale Evo 63cm - Final Build Photos

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fastrow23

by fastrow23

Another big frame is on the way. With any luck I'll get it in December. I have most of the components already. Some I will be moving over from my CAAD 10 like the wheels, pedals and brakes. Just a couple more things to order up! I am planning on stripping all of the carbon bits of their stock paint and seeing how things look with a nude finish. CarboLift is taking forever to show up. I am debating whether or not to trade the 3T Team stem for their LTD stem. Other than that I think I am set on everything else.

Arundel Mandibles in matte oil slick finish

K-Edge Chain Catcher - a must for carbon frames

Sram Press-Fit 30 Ceramic bottom bracket

Sram Red Black steel cage front derailleur

Sram Red Black rear derailleur

Sram Red shift/brake levers

Derailleur and brake cables supplied with shifters
Front
Rear

3T Team 110mm stem

3T Dorico LTD seatpost

Easton EC90 SLX 3 46cm handlebar
Last edited by fastrow23 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fastrow23

by fastrow23

Just picked this up for my new ride: KMC X10SL DLC black chain. This is the most over-the-top packaging for a chain I've ever seen. The chain came with 115 links and the connector links so take that into account for the weight.

drumguy01

by drumguy01

Very nice component choices. I'm subscribed :)

:beerchug:

fastrow23

by fastrow23

The frame is here after so much waiting; a 63cm Cannondale SuperSix Evo. The weight of the frame does not include the following:
- press-fit bottom bracket = 80g
- cable guide = 5g
- derailleur hanger = 9g
- seatpost collar = 15g
- water bottle cage bolts x4 = 6g

The only things left on the frame are the thin nylon string running through the internal rear brake routing and the small metal chainstay/bottom bracket protector. I can't imagine the string weighing more than 5 grams. I will weight it when I have the frame built up so that I can get a more accurate frame weight. Anyone have any ideas on the metal protector? Can it be removed? Can it be put back on after removal?

Once I get a few more pictures I will begin to Carbo Lift the frame and fork. I am very interested to see how much the paint weighs.

irongatsby

by irongatsby

I think you should leave the paint alone fastrow. I love the graphics on your frame. Paint removal will result in 35g to 50g reduction in weight.

ajmit3

by ajmit3

I like your build - but I agree - leave the paint (it looks cool) :mrgreen:

Buffalo

by Buffalo

Are you keeping your caad10?

I say proceed with the carbolift :thumbup:

bencolem

by bencolem

Stealth all the way for me too! That's a deeply impressive weight for the size. Bravo.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

A very impressive weight that is!!
Looking forward to this build! In color or all black, I dont care.

Kiwirich

by Kiwirich

You must be crazy to lift the paint on such a great looking bike. At least ride it for a while in its painted state.
Colnago C59
Canyon CF 9.0

caseycycling

by caseycycling

Thats one big frame, but great weight for a 63cm.. I have to echo the earlier sentiments of keeping the paint. Hard to strip away such a good looking paintjob.

If you do strip away the paint are you planning on putting any paint back on it?

fastrow23

by fastrow23

Thanks for all the compliments! I am definitely keeping my CAAD 10. I don't foresee ever selling that bike. My initial plan was to strip the Evo frame and either see how it looked nude or strip it and paint it matte black. Now that I have the frame in-hand I find myself rethinking the plan. I don't think I am going to strip it just yet. The white paint scheme does look great. What I am thinking of doing is riding it as is for a while and putting it through its paces. Once it takes a beating and looks worn I will strip it and paint it something special.

I also rethought myself becasue I realized I would have two identical bikes. The CAAD 10 and Evo have the same geometry, tube shapes, and would both be matte black. I don't want that. I want this Evo to be something different. As I said, I will ride the Evo as is and think of a great paint scheme for the future.

Stay tuned for the build. I am just waiting on the last few components to show up. I still need the crank, saddle, and bars. The crank will be a Hollowgram. I decided not to go with the Easton bars so I'm looking at other options. The saddle I want is out of stock for a while so I will most likely use one that I have sitting around. That way I can actually get out and ride then replace the saddle when the new one arrives.

skodacars

by skodacars

great looking bike,
almost like mine :thumbup:

EVO 63cm
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=92143" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

irongatsby

by irongatsby

How about some Zipp short & shallow SLs or Contours for bars? The finish quality is top notch.

irongatsby

by irongatsby

Ahh..I forgot you have that 3T stem, so maybe some Ergonova Pros or the ErgoTeam Stealth Edition would be nice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com